Casting has ramped up recently on Detective Pikachu, with Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom's Justice Smith signing up to play the male (human) lead.
In the upcoming film, the Deadpool star in the movie based on the popular Pokemon game franchise. This marks a huge get for Legendary in terms of star power, and audiences are already familiar with just hearing Reynolds' voice thanks to his role as Deadpool. He'll be voicing the yellow-electric-mouse Pokemon, fashioning a Sherlock Holmes-y sensibility to go along with the Detective Pikachu title. Rob Letterman of the "Goosebumps" movie will begin directing around January in London.
No firm release date has yet been announced for Detective Pikachu, but with Reynolds on-board, that should come soon enough. Detective Pikachu will be called upon to search for the missing father of Smith's character, while Newton will portray a journalist who gives them a much needed assist.
Singapore Airlines Changes Flight Routes Over N.Korean Missiles
Among the pictures released, one showed not just the stars in the background but also blurry people in the bottom-right corner. According to CNN , using longer exposures meant the movement would be captured as a blur.
The role is said to be motion capture in nature, sources say.
Universal Pictures has worldwide distribution rights on the project, save Japan.
- Jack Wilshere ice-skating before Arsenal match was not ideal, says Arsène Wenger
- Lamborghini Working On Plug In Hybrid Lamborghini Urus SUV
- $3.92 EPS Expected for Broadcom Limited (AVGO)
- The Comerica Incorporated (CMA) Given Average Rating of "Hold" by Analysts
- Assassin's Creed Rogue HD rated for current-gen consoles in Korea
- Conyers' son was arrested for earlier this year for allegedly attacking girlfriend
- BHP Billiton (LON:BLT) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Deutsche Bank
- 'Baby Driver' Director Edgar Wright Comments On Kevin Spacey Allegations
- Taylor Swift Turned to Kesha for Advice During Groping Case
- Two Killed in Gas Pipeline Explosion in Lee County Identified