Casting has ramped up recently on Detective Pikachu, with Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom's Justice Smith signing up to play the male (human) lead.
In the upcoming film, the Deadpool star in the movie based on the popular Pokemon game franchise. This marks a huge get for Legendary in terms of star power, and audiences are already familiar with just hearing Reynolds' voice thanks to his role as Deadpool. He'll be voicing the yellow-electric-mouse Pokemon, fashioning a Sherlock Holmes-y sensibility to go along with the Detective Pikachu title. Rob Letterman of the "Goosebumps" movie will begin directing around January in London.
No firm release date has yet been announced for Detective Pikachu, but with Reynolds on-board, that should come soon enough. Detective Pikachu will be called upon to search for the missing father of Smith's character, while Newton will portray a journalist who gives them a much needed assist.
The Comerica Incorporated (CMA) Given Average Rating of "Hold" by Analysts
BMO Capital and their recent target price per share would suggest a potential downside of -3.50 % from the company's close price. The average twelve-month target price among brokers that have issued ratings on the stock in the a year ago is $64.75.
The role is said to be motion capture in nature, sources say.
Universal Pictures has worldwide distribution rights on the project, save Japan.
- Body found in NC positively ID'd as missing 3-year-old girl
- BHP Billiton (LON:BLT) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Deutsche Bank
- RBI caps MDR to boost debit card transactions
- Lamborghini Working On Plug In Hybrid Lamborghini Urus SUV
- Southern star Suriya has dethroned Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan
- Two Killed in Gas Pipeline Explosion in Lee County Identified
- 'Baby Driver' Director Edgar Wright Comments On Kevin Spacey Allegations
- Suzuki, Gadjovich Invited To World Junior Final Camp
- Singapore Airlines Changes Flight Routes Over N.Korean Missiles
- N Chandrasekaran flags off Tigor EVs from Sanand plant