In contrast, Max Hill QC, the Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation, has said Britons who joined IS through "naivety" should be spared prosecution and instead be reintegrated into society if they return home.
Britain's new Defence Secretary has unequivocally threatened to kill Britons who leave the country to fight for ISIS.
A dead terrorist can't cause any harm to Britain.
The minister also told the newspaper that jihadist groups in Libya, Iraq and Syria were believed to be plotting attacks on the United Kingdom, and that "our job in terms of eliminating will not stop this year, will not stop next year - it is something we have got to continue to pursue".
"I do not believe that any terrorist, whether they come from this country or any other, should ever be allowed back into this country".
$450M Leonardo painting heading to new Louvre museum
King Charles I of England used to be the owner of the painting before it disappeared for a long period of time. Its latest sale was initiated by Russian tycoon Dmitry Rybolovlev, the boss of football club AS Monaco.
Williamson's comments were criticised by former Liberal Democrat leader Paddy Ashdown, who said defence secretaries "should be measured, careful, judicious and thoughtful about what they say, not apprentice cadet versions of Donald Trump".
And, just weeks ago, Home Office proposals - called Operation Constraint - to de-radicalise returning IS fighters, by giving them council houses and other support, were leaked.
"We have got to make sure that as (they) splinter and as they disperse across Iraq and Syria and other areas, we continue to hunt them down", he said.
And Rory Stewart, the minister for worldwide development, said the "only way" to deal with British IS fighters in Syria is "in nearly every case" to kill them.
- UEFA to reject Milan's voluntary settlement
- Armed Forces Flag Day, to celebrate on 7 Dec
- Environmentalists say Donald Trump does not have authority to shrink Utah monument
- Jaguar's 2018 I-Pace enters final stage of testing
- Rolling Man City leaves it late again
- Devil May Cry HD Collection Slated For 2018
- Illini hold off Austin Peay for 64-57 win
- Simon Property Group, Inc. (SPG) Latest Round Of Insider Trading Report
- Alec Baldwin rips Oliver, Colbert for turning talk shows into 'grand juries'
- Préparatifs pour le plus grand rapatriement de migrants en Afrique — Libye