About Indian application for the membership of Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG), Ryabkjov said that India's application can not be "interlinked" with that of Pakistan and that Moscow is discussing the issue with Beijing at different levels.
However, in the latest development, according to a report by The Hindu, Russia's foreign minister Sergey Ryabkov said that the political committee of the 41-member Wassenaar Arrangement on Export Controls for Conventional Arms and Dual-Use Goods and Technologies is likely to decide on India's membership request, and said he hoped for some "positive action, fingers crossed".
Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov has admitted that Russian Federation was looking to build ties with Pakistan, a country he described as taking great interest in multilateral forums.
In June 2016, China had maintained that it opposes India's entry into the NSG, a group of nations seeking to prevent the proliferation of nuclear weapons by controlling access to sensitive technology.
China, which blocked New Delhi's plea for admission into the NSG, is not a member of the Wassenaar Arrangement.
Facebook App For iPhone Aimed At Catering to Child Users
Davis said that, if a parent decides to delete their child's account , Facebook will also delete any data from its own servers. But that's slightly changing now, as the company has chose to open the doors of its Messenger services to the kids.
India already enjoys most of the benefits of membership under a 2008 exemption to NSG rules granted to support its nuclear cooperation deal with Washington. Its opposition has made India's entry into the group hard as the NSG works on the principle of consensus.
Ryabkov was optimistic about India's entry into the Wassenaar Arrangement. At the same time, NPT and relevant resolutions of the UN Security Council also say that non-NPT contracting countries are not nuclear weapon owned countries. "Secondly, it will cause other than nuclear weapons free countries to follow suit not to sign CSA with IAEA", he said.
"We recognise that at the moment there is no unanimity on Pakistan's application and that the same can not be interlinked with India's", said Ryabkov, after his meeting with Jaishankar.
"I hope we can find a solution that is accepted by all relevant parties and uphold the worldwide non-proliferation regime with NPT as the cornerstone".
- You Can Now Hail a Self-Driving Lyft in This US City
- Dexter Fletcher to direct Freddie Mercury biopic
- Snow warning for Donegal comes into force later
- No. 2 Kansas handed first defeat of season by Washington
- Game of Thrones star says final season won't air until 2019
- NBA Predictions: Will Clippers cover as underdog vs. T-Wolves? 12/6/17
- Putin criticises 'politically motivated' Russian Federation ban
- LGIM posts £38.1bn inflows with group poised for record year
- HWL Final: India win nail-biting shootout to knock Belgium out in quarters
- Le chômage augmente en Suisse mais stagne dans le Jura