The RK Nagar Assembly by-poll drama in Chennai turned grimmer on Thursday with Actor Vishal claiming that K. Sumathy and Deepan, the two proposers in his nomination papers who had earlier met the RO alleging that their signatures were forged, are missing. "God save my beloved country from this anarchy!"
Not much later, the nomination papers were yet again rejected as it was revealed that two of the 10 individuals who are required to propose Vishal's nomination and sign a document stating the same claimed that their signatures were forged.
Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on Wednesday denied the charge that the ruling party had a hand in the rejection of nomination of actor Vishal for the RK Nagar by-election. That's why I chose to contest the bypoll from Radhakrishnan Nagar where there is neither a councillor nor a ward since the last elections.
Jeremy Corbyn's Momentum allies face Electoral Commission probe
Non-party campaigners can only spend above these limits if they have the authorisation of the political party they are promoting. Momentum did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
On December 5, the actor tweeted that his nomination was accepted. Vishal plans to move court against the election commission's decision but hasn't given up hope that justice will prevail. The actor, who also got support from Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal was disheartened with the turn of events and took to Twitter to vent it out. Vishal has claimed that K. Sumathi and Deepan had backtracked under pressure from the ruling party and he was anxious about their safety.
Finding the two proposers and getting them to convince the Returning Officer that they had lied under pressure from a rival party was seen as Vishal's only chance to get back into the race for RK Nagar seat. Returning Officer K Velusami maintains that he rejected the nomination "only once", but the actor says the officer rejected it twice and also accepted the nomination once. Till the deadline of withdrawal of nomination on Thursday, 13 affidavits were withdrawn. Out of the 59 candidates, 47 are independents. The AIADMK, BSP, BJP, DMK have fielded candidates for the bypoll.
Vishal, it must be recalled, had stood up to support his friend superstar Vijay when the latter's film "Mersal" was attacked by certain sections of the Bharatiya Janata Party supporters.
- Disney CEO Could Extend His Contract Again If Fox Deal Goes Through
- Cherbourg : un mineur tué par balles à Tourlaville
- Nile Rodgers reveals he has had cancer surgery
- Toulouse : six voitures incendiées volontairement sur le parking du CHU Rangueil
- Drunk man assaults Arjun Kapoor on Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar sets, arrested
- Glasgow Rangers midfielder Ryan Jack's appeal fails; Chris Sutton reacts
- Stryker (NYSE:SYK) Receives Media Sentiment Score of 0.21
- Tonya Harding 'loved' I, Tonya, according to Allison Janney
- Sony a vendu 70 millions de PS4 et 2 millions de PSVR
- En l'honneur de Johnny Hallyday, la station Duroc devient "Durock Johnny"