As a part of Government's initial move towards electric mobility, the order for Tigor EV sedans have been made by the Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL), an entity under the Ministry of Power. The company has not divulged specifications of the Tigor EV yet.
Earlier this year, Tata Motors beat Mahindra to bag the tender to deliver 10,000 electric vehicles (EVs) floated by EESL by submitting the lowest bid of Rs 11.2 lakh per vehicle. However, Mahindra, which matched the prices of Tata, also got selected to supply 150 EVs in the first phase.
Ronda Rousey's WWE Signing Is Reportedly Imminent
Rousey, who hasn't had an MMA fight since December 2016, has offered indications that she was interested in the WWE . Ronda Rousey is finalizing a deal to join the WWE , Martin Rogers of USA Today reports .
Watch accompanying video of CNBC-TV18's Ronojoy Banerjee to know more about a milestone in India's push for electric vehicles as well as Tata Motors' EV plans. With Tigor EV, we have begun our journey in boosting e-mobility and offering a full range of electric vehicles to the Indian customers.
The electric drive systems for this order have been developed and supplied by Electra EV - a company established to develop and supply electric drive systems for the automotive sector, the company said in a statement. "I congratulate the entire Tata Motors team for this commendable achievement and wish them the best as they go forward on this journey". This means the Indian manufacturer has to deliver only 250 vehicles till the LoA for rest 100 units is not issued, which is expected to be received in the near future.
Tata Motors is committed to the Government's vision for electric vehicles by 2030 and will work in a collaborative manner to facilitate faster adoption of electric vehicles and to build a sustainable future for India. "This tender (EESL) has effectively paved way for connecting our aspirations in the e-mobility space with the vision of the government", he added.
- Affordable Care Act sign-ups seen as falling short though more enroll
- Enterprise Prods Partners L (EPD) Holding Maintained by Cushing Asset Management Lp
- Arshi wants to be captain
- China's Xi says country will not close door to global internet
- Destiny 2 - All Eater of Worlds Armor Ornaments
- That stone pelting Viral Kashmiri Girl is now a footballer
- Study confirms higher breast cancer risk with hormone-based contraception
- WNYC yanks two more hosts over 'inappropriate conduct'
- Suzuki, Gadjovich Invited To World Junior Final Camp
- Pursuing Ohtani, Mariners deal for bonus money