Manchester United playmaker Juan Mata has been offered to Inter Milan as part of a deal to bring Joao Mario to Old Trafford.
But the Red Devils are believed to be on the verge of triggering a one-year extension clause in his contract.
While that might have sounded insane at the beginning of the season, the Armenian's situation at Old Trafford has taken a turn for the worse, and there's every chance José Mourinho could consider it if he feels Joao Mario's arrival would provide his side with a boost.
GETTY Manchester United are keen on a swap deal involving Juan Mata and Joao Mario
However, Inter are not particularly interested in Mata, but could be open to a deal that includes Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
Mourinho is apparently looking for Mario and cash in return for Mkhitaryan's signature.
United are also interested in Lazio's Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, although he is believed to favour a move to Juventus.
With Paris Saint-Germain also keen on Joao Mario, and their ability to offer Javier Pastore in exchange, it will be interesting to see who gets preferential treatment.
Engine issue forces Air NZ changes
A company spokesperson said the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner had returned as a precaution due to "a possible engineering issue". An investigation is underway after two Air New Zealand 787 aircraft experienced engine abnormalities in recent days.
- Rupert Murdoch's vineyard estate threatened by Bel-Air fire
- Three charged over murder of Maltese journalist
- Mark Andrews wins the 2017 Mackey Award
- Brokers Ratings on: United States Steel Corp. (NYSE:X)
- 'Salvator Mundi' Is Heading to the Louvre Abu Dhabi, Tweet Says
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC) Stock Is Shorted More
- Homeless Man Who Helped Stranger Buys Home
- Moore police release videos of confrontation with senator at hotel
- Enter to Win The Disaster Artist Prize Pack
- Shareholder Luminus Management LLC Has Lifted Firstenergy Corp (FE) Holding