Manchester United playmaker Juan Mata has been offered to Inter Milan as part of a deal to bring Joao Mario to Old Trafford.
But the Red Devils are believed to be on the verge of triggering a one-year extension clause in his contract.
While that might have sounded insane at the beginning of the season, the Armenian's situation at Old Trafford has taken a turn for the worse, and there's every chance José Mourinho could consider it if he feels Joao Mario's arrival would provide his side with a boost.
GETTY Manchester United are keen on a swap deal involving Juan Mata and Joao Mario
However, Inter are not particularly interested in Mata, but could be open to a deal that includes Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
Mourinho is apparently looking for Mario and cash in return for Mkhitaryan's signature.
United are also interested in Lazio's Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, although he is believed to favour a move to Juventus.
With Paris Saint-Germain also keen on Joao Mario, and their ability to offer Javier Pastore in exchange, it will be interesting to see who gets preferential treatment.
Besiktas becomes first Turkish team to qualify for Champions League last 16
It is the only Turkish team to qualify from the group stage undefeated and advanced as the group leader. In the 87th minute, however, Leipzig's Naby Keita scored the equaliser to level the scoreline.
- 'Salvator Mundi' Is Heading to the Louvre Abu Dhabi, Tweet Says
- Blackwater Founder Denies Trump Connection to Seychelles Meeting
- Kremlin says Russian boycott of 2018 Olympics not under consideration
- Homeless Man Who Helped Stranger Buys Home
- Bitcoin Mining Marketplace NiceHash Hacked: $62 Million Stolen?
- Three charged over murder of Maltese journalist
- Engine issue forces Air NZ changes
- Moore police release videos of confrontation with senator at hotel
- Brookfield Renewable Partners (BEP) Shares Cross Below 200 DMA
- Apple planning LCD iPhone with a metal case for 2018