UFC 220 is on the verge of getting even bigger - literally.
On a card that already boasted one title fight in Daniel Cormier defending his light heavyweight strap against Volkan Oezdemir, Dana White is treating the Boston faithful to a second title fight, creating an event that should kick off 2018 in the right direction. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the UFC had yet to make its plans public. The last time it happened was on December 27, 2008, at UFC 92, where 205-pound champion Forrest Griffin lost the title to Rashad Evans via TKO, while interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira was stopped for the first time in his career by Frank Mir. The card takes place inside the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts on January 20. He tied the division's all-time record of two consecutive title defenses in May, in a knockout win over Junior dos Santos.
The UFC star is one of the hottest fighters in MMA at the moment after his sensational knockout of Alistair Overeem in Denver.
Miocic is riding a five fight winning streak heading into UFC 220, while Ngannou has won ten in a row.
Gas station hopes blue lights in bathroom can deter drug use
Sheetz said Wednesday that is testing blue lights in the restrooms of one of its stores in Westmoreland County. This Sheetz location witnessed an increase in overdose deaths over the past nine years.
Fighting out of Cleveland, Miocic asked the UFC to restructure his contract earlier this year.
There is perhaps the expectancy that a fight between Joshua and Ngannou could produce a similar level of interest, although the British fighter has so far not taken any notice of champion Miocic's recent challenge towards him.
This would mark just the fourth time in UFC history that the heavyweight and light heavyweight titles would be at stake on the same card.
The only time both undisputed titles were on the line on the same night was at UFC 44 in September 2003.
- This Giant Avocado Could Break World Records
- Analyst Commentary On BCE Inc. (BCE), Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL)
- The Comerica Incorporated (CMA) Given Average Rating of "Hold" by Analysts
- Superhot 'Rouge-Like' Expansion Announced With Reveal Trailer
- BHP Billiton (LON:BLT) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Deutsche Bank
- Taylor Swift Turned to Kesha for Advice During Groping Case
- Prince William and Kate Middleton at the Children's Global Media Summit
- Jack Wilshere ice-skating before Arsenal match was not ideal, says Arsène Wenger
- Conyers' son was arrested for earlier this year for allegedly attacking girlfriend
- Assassin's Creed Rogue HD rated for current-gen consoles in Korea