Almost four in five (79%) young Americans register concern about the state of race relations in the country today, a five-point increase over the a year ago. If so, you're not alone.
The poll surveyed 2,358 adults between November 28-30, with a margin of error of +/- 3.5 percent.
The annual American Values Survey from the Public Religion Research Institute finds that 51 percent of women say if the 2018 midterm elections were held today, they would back the Democratic candidate.
The poll is part of the Harvard Public Opinion Project, which has conducted two polls a year of young Americans since 2000 in order to understand their public opinions, voting trends and views on public service.
With less than one year to go before the 2018 congressional midterm elections, almost two-thirds of likely voters said they hope to see Democrats take control on Capitol Hill - about twice as many who said they'd like to see Republicans retain leadership, according to a new poll.
N Chandrasekaran flags off Tigor EVs from Sanand plant
However, Mahindra, which matched the prices of Tata, also got selected to supply 150 EVs in the first phase. The company has not divulged specifications of the Tigor EV yet.
"American political institutions are at a tipping point", Polling Director John Della Volpe told the IOP's website. When asked whether they are more hopeful or fearful about America's future, 67% expressed fear, while 31% expressed hope. "Millennials are now the largest generation in the electorate".
The poll found President Donald Trump's job approval rating among millennials continues to decline, from 32 percent in the spring to 25 percent and that likely young voters prefer Democratic control of Congress. This poll and the Virginia election show that they are becoming more motivated - and I believe the fear that exists today about our future will soon be turned into the fuel that will reform our government.
Pollsters found that 54 percent of respondents believe the United States is on the wrong track as against 14 percent who argue America is moving in the right direction. "The only question is whether this comes from inside or outside the traditional party structure".
That disapproval isn't limited to Democrats, either.
Young adults also weighed in on what they see as threats facing America, but according to 67 percent of them, the greatest threats come from inside our country, rather than from worldwide forces.
- Southern star Suriya has dethroned Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan
- The Comerica Incorporated (CMA) Given Average Rating of "Hold" by Analysts
- Two Killed in Gas Pipeline Explosion in Lee County Identified
- Gas station hopes blue lights in bathroom can deter drug use
- Prince William and Kate Middleton at the Children's Global Media Summit
- NextEra Energy Inc (NEE) Position Decreased by First Midwest Bank Trust Division
- BHP Billiton (LON:BLT) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Deutsche Bank
- Suzuki, Gadjovich Invited To World Junior Final Camp
- Miocic-Ngannou title fight eyed for UFC 220
- ITV (ITV) Receives "Buy" Rating from Liberum Capital