The military also suffered a major loss of some 15 soldiers including a commander in November when Boko Haram insurgents attacked troops' location in Sassawa village near the Yobe State capital, Damaturu.
Ibrahim took over from Maj. Gen.
That plan and the spate of deadly attacks have raised questions about assertions by the government and military that Boko Haram has been all but wiped out, as well as doubts about Nigeria's ability to retain sovereign integrity in the northeast.
Although the reason for the removal was not stated, it was learnt that the redeployment was connected with the most recent Boko Haram attacks in the Biu Local Government Area of Borno State, in which at least 18 persons were killed. The Alpha Jet fighter aircraft attacked the target with bombs, killing the insurgents and setting some structures ablaze.
Though a large number of Boko Haram hideouts were raided and many terrorists including kingpins reportedly killed by soldiers during the period, well over 50 soldiers including officers were killed between May and now.
Missing Charlotte woman, daughter found safe
Police were concerned about the disappearance because of some troubling conversations Megan had recently had with family members. The victim, a 37-year-old Asian woman, was allegedly assaulted on an inbound flight to Charlotte, police said.
About 40 people were killed when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives in a mosque in Yola. Mr. Ibrahim had a closed door session with the defence chief. Gen. Rogers Nicholas has been named as his replacement.
The new Theater Commander was until his appointment, the Chief of Logistics at Army headquarters in Abuja. Lucky Irabor, who is now the Commander of the Multi-National Joint Task Force in May 2017.
However, the official announcement of the new appontment is yet to be made by the Army.
It was learnt that Ibrahim has been redeployed to the army headquarters, Abuja.
- 'Hero' Eatonville officer of Pulse attack loses job, feels 'pushed out'
- Spanking linked to dating violence
- Rye Fire in Santa Clarita burns 5000 acres, only 5 percent contained
- Ex-ref Clattenburg: I changed Man Utd decision being petrified of Keane
- Department of Health to Hold Public Hearing on Third Gender Option
- Réduisez vos dépenses grâce aux achats groupés — Fioul
- This many students dropped out of Georgian College after the faculty strike
- Selena Gomez Has a Charming Story About Becoming Friends With Taylor Swift
- WWE 2K18 Nintendo Switch Release Date Announced
- En pleurs, Michel Drucker rend hommage à Johnny Hallyday