"I don't think that there are a lot of people now in our government that do that", added Vonn, 33, who is eyeing her second Olympic gold medal at the South Korea Games.
Professional skier and member of Team USA Lindsey Vonn says when she competes in the upcoming Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, she'll be representing the "people of the United States, not the president". Vonn adds that should she be invited to the White House with the squad or after earning a medal, she will not attend.
Lindsey Vonn, the girlfriend of golfer Tiger Woods, arrives for an event honoring the 2013 Presidents Cup golf teams on June 24, 2014 in the East Room of the White House in Washington, DC.
"I hope to represent the people of the United States, not the president", Vonn responded.
She continued, "I want to represent our country well".
Israel arrests 20 Palestinians involved in lynch attempt on Israeli children
According to the Prisoners Society, the Israeli army also arrested six Palestinians from occupied East Jerusalem. One of the Israeli escorts suffered a light head wound in the incident after he was hit with a rock.
The 33-year-old Vonn is getting ready for the final act of a long and illustrious career. Vonn made the particularly political statement while speaking to CNN on Wednesday.
"But I have to win to be invited".
This year Trump has been embroiled in a controversy with the NFL and some of the NBA's top players - a spat with significant racial and cultural undertones - after he blasted prominent athletes for kneeling during the national anthem and refusing to come to the White House.
Vonn is hailed as America's best female ski racer.
Vonn, who was off seven months in 2017 due to an arm injury, began her lead-up to the Pyeongchang Games early last month. She broke her arm past year and is still recovering from nerve damage.
- Ranbir Kapoor heads to Cape Town after Shashi Kapoor's funeral
- Rahul asks Aiyar to apologise for 'neech' remarks against PM
- Leonardo déjà sur le départ d'Antalyaspor — Turquie
- Pawan Kalyan supports DCI staff stir; to write to PM
- Buhari Visits Kano, Grants Amnesty to 500 Prison Inmates
- Cahill keen to avoid Barca and PSG in draw for knockout stage
- Super Mario Run the most popular iOS game of 2017
- A Garda has been shot in north Dublin this morning
- Betting Preview: Arsenal vs BATE Borisov: Back the Gunners to score first
- International Monetary Fund and World Bank say Ukraine corruption fight is threatened