A wind-driven wildfire rapidly blackened scores of brushy acres alongside Interstate 15 in the Pala Mesa area Thursday, gutting several structures, closing roads and forcing evacuations.
A fire broke out in San Diego County Thursday along Interstate 15 and State Route 76.
The fire is now at 100-150 acres with zero percent containment, according to Cal Fire. Students from Sullivan Middle School were also being evacuated, according to North County Fire Protection District spokesman John Buchanan said.
Oregon State hiring ex-Nebraska coach Mike Riley as assistant coach
The former Oregon State linebacker was not on the list of six hires announced Thursday by the university. Smith, the former Washington offensive coordinator, was named the Oregon State coach last week.
Photos posted on social media showed smoke from the fire that could be seen for miles surrounding the flames. The brush fire prompted road closures and evacuations as it roared up a hillside, consuming everything in its path.Firefighters moved in, with aircraft making drops on the blaze while motorists fled the flames.
Two southbound lanes of I-15 are blocked. Among the evacuated sites were Bonsall High School, Sullivan Middle School and the Rancho Monserate Country Club.
- Hearthstone's Kobolds & Catacombs Goes Live, Twitch Challenge Now Open
- Le sénateur démocrate Al Franken accusé de harcèlement — Etats-Unis
- Phil Collins : De nouveau hospitalisé, le chanteur n'irait " vraiment pas bien "
- The Game Awards 2017
- Maurice Hurst undecided on playing in Outback Bowl for MI
- Just the Facts on W&T Offshore, Inc. (WTI)
- Overwatch's holiday event has a five-on-one Yeti boss fight mode
- Norwegian Royal Claims That Kevin Spacey Groped Him
- La plus belle petite fille au monde, c'est elle
- Honduras arrests Kentucky lawyer sought in $550-million disability fraud scheme