Molly McNearney said her husband told her that he wanted to talk about their son, who was born with two heart defects and underwent nearly immediate open-heart surgery, on "Jimmy Kimmel Live". "He's recovering very well", the actor announced during his monologue on Wednesday night.
"Jimmy and I can't go anywhere without someone coming up and thanking him for that monologue", she told the Hollywood Reporter. "He is eating, he is smiling". "We're sending lots of love to all the Kimmels", he added. "Jimmy turned to me and said, 'I want to talk about Billy on the show on Monday.' I said, 'OK.' And then he said, 'And I want to talk about the health care problem in this country.' Again, I didn't think much of it".
Billy - who was born with Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) with pulmonary atresia - was originally scheduled to have his second heart operation in late October, but it had to be postponed because the family were suffering from colds.
United States to maintain Russian Federation sanctions until it withdraws from Ukraine, Tillerson says
The United States would "badly" like to lift sanctions against Russian Federation but will not do so until conflict in eastern Ukraine is resolved, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Thursday, calling that the main obstacle to normal ties, Reuters reported.
Jimmy Kimmel and wife Molly McNearney with daughter Jane and baby boy William "Billy" John Kimmel.
"So there I am, in my living room breastfeeding Billy with my mom beside me, and we're watching. I figured he'd tell the story and then he'd probably cry because, well, he once cried on the show over a lion dying". "Our family has excellent health care; he had nothing to gain from that". He did it for the other people whom we met in that hospital.
"I am the guest host for the night. I thought he meant the Oscars", he joked. "We didn't anticipate we would be in this position, but we were, and we made the most of it". Last month, Jennifer Lawrence, Channing Tatum, Shaquille O'Neal and Dave Grohl subbed for Kimmel.
- Jet Airways Q2 net plunges 91% to Rs 46 crore
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gets A Versus Mode Tomorrow
- Jaguar's 2018 I-Pace enters final stage of testing
- Le Parlement adopte la loi ouvrant le mariage aux couples homos — Australie
- New Blaze Erupts In Wildfire-Plagued Southern California
- $450M Leonardo painting heading to new Louvre museum
- More dark reflections from 'Black Mirror'
- Préparatifs pour le plus grand rapatriement de migrants en Afrique — Libye
- Renaissance Group LLC Has $1.69 Million Stake in Alphabet Inc (GOOG)
- Honor 7X : le smartphone disponible en France à 299 €