Following the I-Pace concept's debut late past year, the British manufacturer says that thousands of potential customers have either registered their interest or placed a deposit for the production version of the premium electric SUV.
In a drive from Sunset Boulevard in LA to Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, senior engineer Simon Patel took a prospective customer on a 200-mile drive to show off how close to production the I-Pace was.
With a range of 310 miles and a 0-60mph of under 4.0 seconds, the i-Pace looks to be as practical as the Model X, its 90kWh battery pack is nearly as big as Tesla's most expensive option and, say Jaguar, will charge to 80 per cent in the time it takes to stop for a coffee.
Full specification and pricing for Jaguar's electric performance SUV will be announced late in 2018 when order books will officially open in South Africa.
Armed Forces Flag Day, to celebrate on 7 Dec
The occasion is an attempt by the armed forces to forge a link between the Indian armed forces and the civilian population. In Karnataka, Department of Sainik Welfare and Resettlement made a decision to organise an event at Raj Bhavan.
It is projected that the North American market will account for around 50 per cent of the I-Pace's sales when it enters production, with China and Europe each accounting for 25 per cent.
Ian Hoban, Jaguar Vehicle Line Director, said: "After 1.5 million global test miles, the I-PACE is ready for production and is proven to deliver long distances on a single charge". As such, the crossover will adopt very short front and rear overhangs, allowing Jaguar designers to maximize interior space and to keep the vehicle's dimensions within a normal range.
"It's a dramatic, future-facing design - the product of authentic Jaguar DNA matched with attractive, premium details and British craftsmanship". It is a preview of a five-seat production vehicle that will be on the road in 2018.
- $450M Leonardo painting heading to new Louvre museum
- Fans want Ohio State win memorialized if Baker Mayfield wins Heisman Trophy
- Champions League: Manchester United target flops while fullback wanted by Chelsea thrives
- United States to maintain Russian Federation sanctions until it withdraws from Ukraine, Tillerson says
- "Le PSG a fait jusqu'à maintenant des trucs extraordinaires" — Zidane
- 7 ans de prison pour un dirigeant de Volkswagen — "Dieselgate"
- Honor 7X : le smartphone disponible en France à 299 €
- SC recommends five lawyers as Karnataka HC judges
- Le Parlement adopte la loi ouvrant le mariage aux couples homos — Australie
- Queen hails behemoth warship as 'best of British'