Following the I-Pace concept's debut late past year, the British manufacturer says that thousands of potential customers have either registered their interest or placed a deposit for the production version of the premium electric SUV.
In a drive from Sunset Boulevard in LA to Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, senior engineer Simon Patel took a prospective customer on a 200-mile drive to show off how close to production the I-Pace was.
With a range of 310 miles and a 0-60mph of under 4.0 seconds, the i-Pace looks to be as practical as the Model X, its 90kWh battery pack is nearly as big as Tesla's most expensive option and, say Jaguar, will charge to 80 per cent in the time it takes to stop for a coffee.
Full specification and pricing for Jaguar's electric performance SUV will be announced late in 2018 when order books will officially open in South Africa.
Renaissance Group LLC Has $1.69 Million Stake in Alphabet Inc (GOOG)
After $9.57 actual EPS reported by Alphabet Inc . for the previous quarter, Wall Street now forecasts 5.85 % EPS growth. Monness Crespi & Hardt upgraded Alphabet Inc . $1042.84's average target is -0.23% below currents $1045.26 stock price.
It is projected that the North American market will account for around 50 per cent of the I-Pace's sales when it enters production, with China and Europe each accounting for 25 per cent.
Ian Hoban, Jaguar Vehicle Line Director, said: "After 1.5 million global test miles, the I-PACE is ready for production and is proven to deliver long distances on a single charge". As such, the crossover will adopt very short front and rear overhangs, allowing Jaguar designers to maximize interior space and to keep the vehicle's dimensions within a normal range.
"It's a dramatic, future-facing design - the product of authentic Jaguar DNA matched with attractive, premium details and British craftsmanship". It is a preview of a five-seat production vehicle that will be on the road in 2018.
- Some Nigerians in Libya not willing to return home
- 7 ans de prison pour un dirigeant de Volkswagen — "Dieselgate"
- Le Parlement adopte la loi ouvrant le mariage aux couples homos — Australie
- N. Korean missile risk leads airlines to change routes
- United States to maintain Russian Federation sanctions until it withdraws from Ukraine, Tillerson says
- Rolling Man City leaves it late again
- Queen hails behemoth warship as 'best of British'
- Ballon d'Or France Football 2017: Sadio Mané 23ene
- More dark reflections from 'Black Mirror'
- Illini hold off Austin Peay for 64-57 win