It would seem an odd move, as the switch to glass was in large part to allow for wireless charging, a feature which might be sacrificed if Apple moves back to metal, but then given its LCD screen this would likely be a relatively budget model. The body for the aluminum device is to be made by Casetek, which is a Pegatron subsidiary, according to the sources. In other words, it's entirely possible that every new iPhone model we see next year will completely abandon Touch ID in favor of Face ID.
A different source disclosed that Casetek is already trying out new casings for the LCD model in hopes that it would be chosen to supply the back case for the 6.1-inch iPhone.
If you're tempted to splash out on Apple's luxurious - but ultra-expensive - iPhone X, you might want to read this.
Colorado lawmaker arrested after loaded gun found in bag by TSA agent
The 43-year-old Saine was taken into custody and questioned, and she requested an attorney before she was taken to jail. Firearms are allowed on planes if they are properly stored in checked luggage and declared.
The OLED display on the iPhone X has received an overwhelmingly positive response from consumers. Nikkei has learned that for these two handsets, Apple has chosen to use OLED screens. Ltd will only be able to provide Apple with an estimated 10 million OLED displays in 2018, according to Eric Chiou, an analyst at Taipei-based research company WitsView Technology Corp. Additional reports from Nikkei and Nomura Securities Co.
One point not referenced by Nikkei, and brought up by Kuo in a previous investor note, is that the aforementioned 6.1-inch LCD iPhone model will feature an edgeless display.
The low-end LCD device out of the three will be assembled by Pegatron and possibly Wistron.
To help Apple push as many future iPhones with OLED displays, Apple may have a third supply chain partner in the wings. So it's best to take all these rumors with a grain of salt. And now, there are reports that Apple will be launching three phones in 2018 as well.
- International Monetary Fund and World Bank say Ukraine corruption fight is threatened
- Leonardo déjà sur le départ d'Antalyaspor — Turquie
- Une skieuse de fond meurt écrasée par une dameuse
- Pawan Kalyan supports DCI staff stir; to write to PM
- Thiago Silva absent pour un mois — PSG
- Super Mario Run the most popular iOS game of 2017
- Crown says Laura's last footprint was in company of accused
- Hyundai, Subaru lead the way in 2018 IIHS crash test ratings
- Buhari Visits Kano, Grants Amnesty to 500 Prison Inmates
- Oscar Academy Releases 'Standard of Conduct' For Members