It would seem an odd move, as the switch to glass was in large part to allow for wireless charging, a feature which might be sacrificed if Apple moves back to metal, but then given its LCD screen this would likely be a relatively budget model. The body for the aluminum device is to be made by Casetek, which is a Pegatron subsidiary, according to the sources. In other words, it's entirely possible that every new iPhone model we see next year will completely abandon Touch ID in favor of Face ID.
A different source disclosed that Casetek is already trying out new casings for the LCD model in hopes that it would be chosen to supply the back case for the 6.1-inch iPhone.
If you're tempted to splash out on Apple's luxurious - but ultra-expensive - iPhone X, you might want to read this.
Facebook cofounder Eduardo Saverin joins Mswipe board, invests $40 mn
Mswipe is addressing a market estimated at 14 million merchants with low PoS penetration, the company said in its press release. Mswipe's proprietary Wisepad G2 is the first standalone EMV, PCI-PTS and NFC compliant mobile POS to be launched in India.
The OLED display on the iPhone X has received an overwhelmingly positive response from consumers. Nikkei has learned that for these two handsets, Apple has chosen to use OLED screens. Ltd will only be able to provide Apple with an estimated 10 million OLED displays in 2018, according to Eric Chiou, an analyst at Taipei-based research company WitsView Technology Corp. Additional reports from Nikkei and Nomura Securities Co.
One point not referenced by Nikkei, and brought up by Kuo in a previous investor note, is that the aforementioned 6.1-inch LCD iPhone model will feature an edgeless display.
The low-end LCD device out of the three will be assembled by Pegatron and possibly Wistron.
To help Apple push as many future iPhones with OLED displays, Apple may have a third supply chain partner in the wings. So it's best to take all these rumors with a grain of salt. And now, there are reports that Apple will be launching three phones in 2018 as well.
- Pitt Head Football Coach Pat Narduzzi Signs 7-Year Contract Extension
- A Garda has been shot in north Dublin this morning
- International Monetary Fund and World Bank say Ukraine corruption fight is threatened
- Super Mario Run the most popular iOS game of 2017
- Officer injured in shooting at Walmart parking lot in northwest Miami-Dade
- Cahill keen to avoid Barca and PSG in draw for knockout stage
- Russian Federation claims IS completely destroyed in Syria
- Crazy Volume Spikes for: Lam Research Corporation (NASDAQ:LRCX)
- Thiago Silva absent pour un mois — PSG
- La France va restituer les crânes de martyrs Algériens — Mémoire