St-Pierre's latest claims come just a few weeks after he reaffirmed the idea that he would, in fact, be facing interim champion Robert Whittaker in his first defense as middleweight king. Should that fight be signed, however, it might well be promoted to a real UFC middleweight title bout before February rolls around.
When Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight contender Kelvin Gastelum laid waste to former champion Michael Bisping in the UFC Fight Night 122 main event last month in Shanghai (watch it), the mixed martial arts (MMA) community lost its shit. But ever since the Canadian legend choked Bisping unconscious at UFC 217, he has displayed a complete lack of enthusiasm for a prolonged stay at middleweight.
"I'm going to be super pissed, and I don't know where we go from there", said the pugnacious White.
Not so fast, St-Pierre says.
Speaking with TSN in Canada today, "GSP" gave the strongest indication yet that he intends to give up the title and campaign south of 185lbs.
Nathan Carman denies role in deaths of mom, grandfather
He also admitted he had a life jacket but "lacks sufficient information to know whether or not his mother used one of her own". Nathan Carman is the man whose mother disappeared while the two were on a fishing trip a year ago .
"We'll talk about it, but I'm not sure if I compete I will go back at 185", he said. I was too small to fight at this weight but now I've put on muscle mass and I am comfortable here. His team, however, have since suggested that this caused serious issues in the build-up, with the large quantities of food the fighter was ingesting causing him to vomit frequently.
St-Pierre also recently discovered he's battling ulcerative colitis and will be out indefinitely.
"Of course, in terms of weight, if I want to go back to compete at 185, I will".
"It's not a fake diagnosis, I have the paper of the doctor and everything to prove it", St-Pierre said. There's no easy way. It was to gain weight and to maintain my muscle mass and it was very hard and it was not healthy.
"I think the body has a natural weight it can perform at its best athletic ability and for me, the weight that I am now is my ideal weight". "For me, the weight I have now is my ideal weight (via MMAJunkie)". According to his coaches, St-Pierre was throwing up on a daily basis and nearly ended up having to pull out of the fight.
- Tax protesters at Collins' Office Charged With Trespassing
- John Green reteaming with Fox for Turtles All the Way Down movie
- Millennials Want Democrats To Control Congress
- Jeffrey Tambor May Not Be Quitting "Transparent" After All
- Young & CO. LTD. Boosts Holdings in Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APD)
- Mark Andrews wins the 2017 Mackey Award
- NextEra Energy Inc (NEE) Position Decreased by First Midwest Bank Trust Division
- French President Emmanuel Macron Vows to 'Return African Heritage to Africa'
- Deadpool Offering Fans Free Deadpool Tattoos at Brazil Comic Con
- Bristol (BMY) Position Held by First Financial Bank - Trust Division