St-Pierre's latest claims come just a few weeks after he reaffirmed the idea that he would, in fact, be facing interim champion Robert Whittaker in his first defense as middleweight king. Should that fight be signed, however, it might well be promoted to a real UFC middleweight title bout before February rolls around.
When Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight contender Kelvin Gastelum laid waste to former champion Michael Bisping in the UFC Fight Night 122 main event last month in Shanghai (watch it), the mixed martial arts (MMA) community lost its shit. But ever since the Canadian legend choked Bisping unconscious at UFC 217, he has displayed a complete lack of enthusiasm for a prolonged stay at middleweight.
"I'm going to be super pissed, and I don't know where we go from there", said the pugnacious White.
Not so fast, St-Pierre says.
Speaking with TSN in Canada today, "GSP" gave the strongest indication yet that he intends to give up the title and campaign south of 185lbs.
Mark Andrews wins the 2017 Mackey Award
The formal presentation will take place on Thursday during the Home Depot College Football Awards Show, to be broadcast by ESPN. Andrews beat out Wisconsin senior Troy Fumagalli and Penn State senior Mike Gesicki for the award.
"We'll talk about it, but I'm not sure if I compete I will go back at 185", he said. I was too small to fight at this weight but now I've put on muscle mass and I am comfortable here. His team, however, have since suggested that this caused serious issues in the build-up, with the large quantities of food the fighter was ingesting causing him to vomit frequently.
St-Pierre also recently discovered he's battling ulcerative colitis and will be out indefinitely.
"Of course, in terms of weight, if I want to go back to compete at 185, I will".
"It's not a fake diagnosis, I have the paper of the doctor and everything to prove it", St-Pierre said. There's no easy way. It was to gain weight and to maintain my muscle mass and it was very hard and it was not healthy.
"I think the body has a natural weight it can perform at its best athletic ability and for me, the weight that I am now is my ideal weight". "For me, the weight I have now is my ideal weight (via MMAJunkie)". According to his coaches, St-Pierre was throwing up on a daily basis and nearly ended up having to pull out of the fight.
- French President Emmanuel Macron Vows to 'Return African Heritage to Africa'
- Bitcoin Mining Marketplace NiceHash Hacked: $62 Million Stolen?
- Deadpool Offering Fans Free Deadpool Tattoos at Brazil Comic Con
- Bristol (BMY) Position Held by First Financial Bank - Trust Division
- Nathan Carman denies role in deaths of mom, grandfather
- Kremlin says Russian boycott of 2018 Olympics not under consideration
- Bombay High Court upholds RERA Act
- Young & CO. LTD. Boosts Holdings in Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APD)
- Washington Real Estate Investment (WRE): Zooming in on the Technicals
- John Green reteaming with Fox for Turtles All the Way Down movie