After a hard three-season relationship with Honda, McLaren in September negotiated a release from its contract, with the team signing up to field Renault engines for 2018.
Honda will implement a new management structure for its Formula 1 programme in 2018, with current project leader Yusuke Hasegawa moved to a different role at the organisation.
Ahead of the start of Honda's new partnership with Toro Rosso, the Japanese manufacturer has announced changes to its organisational structure in a bid to turnaround its fortunes.
Toyoharu Tanabe, engineer on Jenson Button's vehicle at Honda's F1 team in 2006-7, will become technical director.
Hasegawa, who took over from Yasuhisa Arai in early 2016, will no longer be involved in the F1 project but hold the role of executive chief engineer.
HWL Final: India win nail-biting shootout to knock Belgium out in quarters
After Harmanpreet Singh scored the third one for the Indians in the shootout, Arthur van Doren equalised for the Belgians. In the topsy-turvy shootout, Lalit Upadhyay, Rupinder Pal Singh and Harmanpreet scored from India.
Tanabe, now Senior Manager and Race Team Chief Engineer at Honda Performance Development, has extensive F1 experience with Honda and was chief engineer to Jenson Button earlier in his career.
The BBC reported that the team's overall boss will be Yasuaki Asaki, with the team news release saying "an operating officer in charge of HRD Sakura will oversee research and development and the overall operation of races and testing", without naming Asaki in the position.
Katsuhide Moriyama, the Honda Motor Company's chief officer for brand and communication operations said: "In the past, the Head of F1 Project assumed responsibility in both technological development and directing the team at the spot of racing".
"By ensuring both the development team and racing team soundly fulfil their respective roles, Honda will continue its challenges so that fans can enjoy seeing Toro Rosso-Honda competing at the top level without further delay".
- $0.50 EPS Expected for Red Hat, Inc. (RHT)
- NXP Semiconductors NV (NASDAQ:NXPI) Shares Bought by Legal & General Group Plc
- Scan For Analyst Views: LendingClub Corporation (LC), The Charles Schwab Corporation (SCHW)
- Snow warning for Donegal comes into force later
- " "Jean-Luc Mélenchon n'a " rien à dire " sur sa mort — Johnny Hallyday
- European Union takes Hungary to top court over crackdown 'aimed at George Soros'
- Putin criticises 'politically motivated' Russian Federation ban
- Sia Opens Up About Exposing Maddie Ziegler to Fame
- Dexter Fletcher to direct Freddie Mercury biopic
- Le gouvernement limite l'âge des véhicules d'occasion importés — Côte d'Ivoire