After he gave almost all he could to help a young woman who was stranded when her car's gas tank ran dry, a homeless man can now start life over, being able to buy a home thanks to the kindness of strangers.
Johnny Bobbitt Jr. says on his GoFundMe page that he bought a home over the weekend.
Kate McClure, of Florence Township, New Jersey, ran out of gas on an I-95 exit ramp late one night.
She didn't have money to repay him at the time, but sought him out days later to give him the money, and visited him a few more times to bring food and water. Bobbitt told McClure to get back into her auto while he walked to get her fuel a few blocks away from where her vehicle had broken down.
French President Emmanuel Macron Vows to 'Return African Heritage to Africa'
The comments prompted controversy in France, where the topic remains a source of tension. Macron then planned to make a stop at Algiers' most prestigious bookshop.
Kate and her boyfriend made a decision to create an online fundraiser page to help the homeless man. As of Tuesday afternoon the fundraiser has raised more than $397,000. Bobbitt served in the US Marine Corps and also worked as a paramedic before he ended up in the streets of Philadelphia.
Details on how he wound up on the streets of Philadelphia have been sparse.
The money raised has already been spent on a few things but there is bigger plans for the rest of it. Bobbitt said he is donating some of the money to a student who is helping another homeless veteran. He hopes his fans continue to pay it forward. That man's GoFundMe can be found here.
Bobbitt has now bought a house and a truck and has said he'll have pictures of that soon. Two trust funds are being set up for Bobbitt, including a retirement fund so he'll have a yearly income.
- Gas station hopes blue lights in bathroom can deter drug use
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Moore police release videos of confrontation with senator at hotel
- 'Not out of the woods' with hand injury
- NextEra Energy Inc (NEE) Position Decreased by First Midwest Bank Trust Division
- Bitcoin Mining Marketplace NiceHash Hacked: $62 Million Stolen?
- Washington Real Estate Investment (WRE): Zooming in on the Technicals
- ITV (ITV) Receives "Buy" Rating from Liberum Capital
- Nathan Carman denies role in deaths of mom, grandfather
- Shareholder Luminus Management LLC Has Lifted Firstenergy Corp (FE) Holding