Although there are no details on how the "interactive" elements of the series will work, viewers will guide the actions of one of the hackers, Kelly. The game, titled #WarGames, from interactive media startup Eko (formerly Interlude), arrives in early 2018 and is loosely based on the film, preferring to center on a group of young hackers who find themselves caught up in espionage and government conspiracy.
The beloved 1983 film WarGames, starring Matthew Broderick as a young hacker who nearly causes a supercomputer to start a nuclear holocaust, was made during a time when it was impossible to imagine how much technology would become a ubiquitous part of our everyday lives.
Homeless Man Who Helped Stranger Buys Home
Bobbitt served in the US Marine Corps and also worked as a paramedic before he ended up in the streets of Philadelphia . Two trust funds are being set up for Bobbitt, including a retirement fund so he'll have a yearly income.
It's not yet clear exactly how viewers will get to "play the game" and shape what happens, but this isn't the first time Eko has worked on a series like this.
It's all very Mr. Robot - the anarchic nature of the Internet, the cynical view towards modern technology - and even has shades of the independent horror movie Unfriended, which takes place entirely within the screen of a video chatroom. If they're watching a live TV broadcast, you'll see that. Eko announced the series two years ago, but as an "interactive short".
- Bitcoin Mining Marketplace NiceHash Hacked: $62 Million Stolen?
- I Don't Think I'll Return to Middleweight — Georges St-Pierre
- Mark Andrews wins the 2017 Mackey Award
- ITV (ITV) Receives "Buy" Rating from Liberum Capital
- Blackwater Founder Denies Trump Connection to Seychelles Meeting
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC) Stock Is Shorted More
- Detroit TV anchor accused of harassment placed on leave
- Kremlin says Russian boycott of 2018 Olympics not under consideration
- Somewhat Positive News Coverage Somewhat Unlikely to Impact Baidu (BIDU) Share Price
- Brokers Ratings on: United States Steel Corp. (NYSE:X)