Google has already made its intentions clear by blocking YouTube access from the Amazon Echo Show which is now being sold in the USA and can be described as an Alexa equipped Echo speaker with a 7inch display.
Google has made a decision to pull out YouTube from all Amazon devices.
Amazon and Google are in a tumultuous relationship and signs of discord have reached their peak as Google has stated that it won't allow Amazon streaming devices such as Fire TV and Fire TV Stick from accessing YouTube from January 1st 2018.
Enter to Win The Disaster Artist Prize Pack
IT is shaping up to be the accidental success story of the century. And tension begins to build between the two best mates. James, you don't know what you're missing.
In 2015, Amazon stopped selling several of Google's hardware products online, including the search engine giant's Chromecast video and audio-streaming dongles. Amazon's suite of voice-controlled devices has outsold Google's so far, according to a study by research firm eMarketer from earlier this year. "We hope we can reach an agreement to resolve these issues soon". Amazon says it is disappointing to see Google selectively blocking access to an open website. Amazon had explained the move by saying it wanted to avoid confusing customers who might expect its Prime Video service to be available on devices sold by Amazon.
In September, Google cut off YouTube from the Amazon Echo Show, which had displayed videos on its touchscreen without video recommendations, channel subscriptions and other features. Google is miffed by the fact that it is losing ad revenue from Fire TV which was the best selling streaming device in United States and India. Amazon has sold that device for longer than the Echo Show, meaning more customers may now be affected.
- Three charged over murder of Maltese journalist
- World Bank to assist Nigeria in monitoring repatriated $321million Abacha loot
- Besiktas becomes first Turkish team to qualify for Champions League last 16
- Shareholder Luminus Management LLC Has Lifted Firstenergy Corp (FE) Holding
- Xiaomi seeks beta testers for Mi A1 Android Oreo update
- Engine issue forces Air NZ changes
- Somewhat Positive News Coverage Somewhat Unlikely to Impact Baidu (BIDU) Share Price
- I Don't Think I'll Return to Middleweight — Georges St-Pierre
- Detroit TV anchor accused of harassment placed on leave
- Le bitcoin bondit au-dessus de 12.000 dollars