Compared to this time past year, experts say there are double the number of confirmed cases of the flu.
- A new published paper warns that this could be a bad flu season in the United States and the flu vaccine being used could have as low as a 10 percent effectiveness. Reports coming out of Australia, where the yearly flu strikes first, indicate 93,000 cases of H3N2, a subtype of influenza A. That's more than double the usual number of cases, and particularly worrisome given influenza A typically hits young children and the elderly the hardest.
The CDC confirmed flu cases in 2017 are at more than 7,000 right now, which is more than double what they were at this time past year.
Purple-lovers like 'Ultra Violet' being picked as color of the year
Pantone announced Thursday that it's 2018 Color of the Year is the regal-looking deep-toned purple Ultra Violet . The brand recommends incorporating it into the home with a couch, piece of art or accent wall.
Nationally, three states, in addition to MA, are seeing widespread cases of the flu.
According to the Department of Public Health, there have been no flu-related deaths this season, but there have been 32 hospitalizations and flu activity is only increasing.
People taking medication for hepatitis C or undergoing interferon therapy should not worry that the flu vaccine will affect their treatment, Lee said, adding that they should get vaccinated as soon as possible for protection against the flu. This year, there are concerns that the shot is not very effective, but experts are still encouraging people to get it.
- UEFA to reject Milan's voluntary settlement
- Alec Baldwin rips Oliver, Colbert for turning talk shows into 'grand juries'
- Australian stock exchange firm develops blockchain
- New Blaze Erupts In Wildfire-Plagued Southern California
- 'I tricked TripAdvisor to make my shed its top restaurant'
- Steelers safety Mike Mitchell sounds off on Roger Goodell in tirade
- Simon Property Group, Inc. (SPG) Latest Round Of Insider Trading Report
- Video ref to be used in FA Cup ties
- Jaguar's 2018 I-Pace enters final stage of testing
- Glassdoor's best places to work