In a blog post, Jim Farley, president of global markets, said Ford also would test new business models that involve its self-driving vehicles, including the movement of people and goods. The automaker then made plans to build autonomous and electric vehicles at Flat Rock Assembly alongside the Ford Mustang and Lincoln Continental.
By moving production of the electric SUV to its plant in Cuautitlan, Ford will be able to lower the labor costs, while at the same time by building the autonomous vehicle in the United States, Ford will be able to better compete with its rivals. Mexican production of the electric SUV is meant to start in 2020.
$450M Leonardo painting heading to new Louvre museum
King Charles I of England used to be the owner of the painting before it disappeared for a long period of time. Its latest sale was initiated by Russian tycoon Dmitry Rybolovlev, the boss of football club AS Monaco.
Ford hasn't revealed too many details about its new autonomous vehicle, but it will have a hybrid powertrain and it will not be a Fusion sedan.
Instead, the automaker is moving production to its factory in Cuautitlan, Mexico; officially, says Ford, because it wants to free up the MI factory for more autonomous auto development.
That plant isn't expected to add any jobs as a result of the production shift in 2020; it produces the unpopular Ford Fiesta subcompact, giving it excess capacity already.
- Armed Forces Flag Day, to celebrate on 7 Dec
- Jet Airways Q2 net plunges 91% to Rs 46 crore
- Préparatifs pour le plus grand rapatriement de migrants en Afrique — Libye
- Environmentalists say Donald Trump does not have authority to shrink Utah monument
- Honor 7X : le smartphone disponible en France à 299 €
- Devil May Cry HD Collection Slated For 2018
- Champions League: Manchester United target flops while fullback wanted by Chelsea thrives
- JK Rowling Defends Casting Johnny Depp in 'Fantastic Beasts' Sequel
- Fans want Ohio State win memorialized if Baker Mayfield wins Heisman Trophy
- SC recommends five lawyers as Karnataka HC judges