A new sports law in Kuwait opens the door for Kuwaiti footballers to compete internationally once more.
The global football federation, FIFA, has lifted a two-year suspension against Kuwait's football association that has prevented the country from participating in worldwide tournaments.
Organisers of this month's Gulf Cup in Qatar look set to imminently announce whether the event can go ahead, with prospects given a huge boost by Federation Internationale de Football Association lifting its suspension of Kuwait after two years in the sporting wilderness.
Federation Internationale de Football Association announced on Wednesday it was lifting its suspension of Kuwait, after the Gulf state's parliament adopted a law meant to end government interference in the sport, AFP reports.
Study confirms higher breast cancer risk with hormone-based contraception
That roughly translates to a 12 percent lifetime risk for a woman, although many factors affect breast cancer risk. Rebecca Starck, a gynecologist at the Cleveland Clinic.
The country was also banned from worldwide competitions by FIFA over alleged interference in the national football association.
The International Olympic Committee suspended Kuwait in October 2015 citing government interference in is national Olympic Committee.
Last month, Qatar's hosting of the tournament, important both from an organisational and public relations standpoint amid the ongoing narrative over the 2026 World Cup, was plunged into jeopardy when Saudi Arabia and two of its allies enforcing the political and trade blockade of the country were withdrawn from the eight-nation competition.
- New International Trailer For The Shape of Water is Captivating
- Body found in NC positively ID'd as missing 3-year-old girl
- For Republicans, Gun Control And Gun Rights Can Be Linked
- Vine Founder Teases Vine 2.0 or Possibly Some Kind of Pretzel
- That stone pelting Viral Kashmiri Girl is now a footballer
- 4 equipos más a los Octavos de Final de la Champions League
- Major 'growth opportunity' ahead; Foxtel, Fox Sports merger given green light
- Ronda Rousey's WWE Signing Is Reportedly Imminent
- Destiny 2 - All Eater of Worlds Armor Ornaments
- Institutional Ownership And Insider Trading At Leucadia National Corporation (LUK)