A new sports law in Kuwait opens the door for Kuwaiti footballers to compete internationally once more.
The global football federation, FIFA, has lifted a two-year suspension against Kuwait's football association that has prevented the country from participating in worldwide tournaments.
Organisers of this month's Gulf Cup in Qatar look set to imminently announce whether the event can go ahead, with prospects given a huge boost by Federation Internationale de Football Association lifting its suspension of Kuwait after two years in the sporting wilderness.
Federation Internationale de Football Association announced on Wednesday it was lifting its suspension of Kuwait, after the Gulf state's parliament adopted a law meant to end government interference in the sport, AFP reports.
China's Xi says country will not close door to global internet
These comments come after a period of significant cyber regulation in China over the past twelve months. China's defense for its new policies would influence the global internet governance.
The country was also banned from worldwide competitions by FIFA over alleged interference in the national football association.
The International Olympic Committee suspended Kuwait in October 2015 citing government interference in is national Olympic Committee.
Last month, Qatar's hosting of the tournament, important both from an organisational and public relations standpoint amid the ongoing narrative over the 2026 World Cup, was plunged into jeopardy when Saudi Arabia and two of its allies enforcing the political and trade blockade of the country were withdrawn from the eight-nation competition.
- Affordable Care Act sign-ups seen as falling short though more enroll
- R. Kelly's Atlanta-area homes ransacked, emptied
- Study confirms higher breast cancer risk with hormone-based contraception
- 4 equipos más a los Octavos de Final de la Champions League
- Vine Founder Teases Vine 2.0 or Possibly Some Kind of Pretzel
- Ronda Rousey's WWE Signing Is Reportedly Imminent
- Analysts Issue Forecasts for Americas Silver Corporation's FY2018 Earnings (USA)
- Kim Kardashian says designs were an homage, not copies
- Carrie Fisher's Dog Is An Alien In 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- New International Trailer For The Shape of Water is Captivating