"What we truly need in these hard times is wisdom and to listen to the wise voices calling for peace and peaceful reactions", Mogherini said.
On Monday, during a phone conversation with Jordan's Foreign Minister Safadi on the possible U.S. announcement on the status of Jerusalem, Mogherini declared: "Since early this year, the European Union was clear in its expectation that there can be reflection on the consequences that any decision or unilateral action affecting Jerusalem's status could have. A way must be found, through negotiations, to resolve the status of Jerusalem as the future capital of both states, so that the aspiration of both parties can be fulfilled", she stated.
Saudi Arabia also expressed its concern over media reports that the USA recognises Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and relocate its embassy there, Saudi Press Agency reported. "It might have serious repercussions on public opinion in large parts of the world", she said while speaking to Jordanian Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi, according to a press release.
'Simmba' poster: Ranveer Singh is the new cop in town
Singh wrote a message with the image, "SANGRAM BHALERAO aka #Simmba! Also, I'd surely like to work with Rohit Shetty again". He does not think, 'If I perform in a certain way, what will this or that person think.' That's the quality of a superstar.
In a speech at the White House earlier in the day, Trump said his administration would also begin a years-long process of moving the American embassy in Tel Aviv to the holy city.
European Union diplomats have also responded with concern to Mr Trump's unwillingness to explicitly endorse a two-state solution in Israel-Palestine, which has for two decades been a cornerstone of worldwide mediation efforts.
Palestinian leaders had previously warned the move would threaten a two-state solution.
While the Israeli government considers Jerusalem the country's capital, the US and the global community at large recognize Tel Aviv as Israel's capital city.
- EdF : un match des Bleus au Groupama Stadium ?
- Burlington industrial building engulfed in massive fire
- Research Report For Mallinckrodt Public Limited Company (MNK)
- State Launches Campaign To Promote 'Move Over' Law Awareness
- Official Apple video shows you how to use Apple Pay Cash
- Graham: It's time for US military families to start leaving S. Korea
- Chris Hogan returns to practice after missing four games
- "Il y aura une rue Johnny Hallyday à Nice" — Christian Estrosi
- Catalans March in Brussels to 'Wake Up Europe'
- Peel Hunt Reaffirms "Buy" Rating for JUST EAT (JE)