PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has extended the service of General Rey Leonardo Guerrero as chief-of-staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) until April 24, 2018, Malacañang said on Thursday, December 7.
"The Executive Secretary, by authority of the President, has signed yesterday, December 6, the extension of the service of Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief of Staff General Rey Leonardo Guerrero", Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement on Thursday.
Guerrero, who replaced Eduardo Año as AFP chief on October 26, was set to retire in December or serve only in the position for roughly two months.
The AFP Chief Guerrero will reach his age of compulsory retirement on December 17, 2017.
Automatic Data Processing In Com (ADP) Shareholder Assetmark INC Upped Its Stake
Guardian Life Insurance Co. of America raised its holdings in Automatic Data Processing by 0.7% in the first quarter. Seaward Management Limited Partnership raised its stake in Automatic Data Processing by 2.9% in the first quarter.
The Commission on Appointments (CA) on Wednesday confirmed the appointment of Guerrero, along with the the promotion of 40 other military officers.
Guerrero took charge of the AFP days after the military announced that it is winding down its offensive operations in Marawi City, Lanao del Sur, which had been the battleground between government forces and Daesh-inspired terrorists for five months.
Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana had earlier expressed support for the extension of Guerrero's term.
"The President has the prerogative to extend the term of a retiring chief of staff". We still have martial law [in Mindanao].
- Un déséquilibré ramène trois sabres japonais au marché de noël — Nantes
- Mort de Johnny Hallyday : JoeyStarr clash M. Pokora sur Instagram
- Google Pulls Down Apps Section From The Web Store On Google Chrome
- Continental Resources, Inc. (CLR)
- Des hamburgers gratuits jeudi dans plusieurs restaurants — Big Fernand
- Il va jouer Pikachu dans le nouveau film des Pokémons — Ryan Reynolds
- Christie: Fired From Transition Team Because of Opposition to Flynn
- Bachelorette's Peter Kraus Reveals Past Eating Disorder Battle
- General Mills, Inc. (GIS) EPS Estimated At $0.82
- Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU) Soars Following Earnings Beat