PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has extended the service of General Rey Leonardo Guerrero as chief-of-staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) until April 24, 2018, Malacañang said on Thursday, December 7.
"The Executive Secretary, by authority of the President, has signed yesterday, December 6, the extension of the service of Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief of Staff General Rey Leonardo Guerrero", Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement on Thursday.
Guerrero, who replaced Eduardo Año as AFP chief on October 26, was set to retire in December or serve only in the position for roughly two months.
The AFP Chief Guerrero will reach his age of compulsory retirement on December 17, 2017.
Continental Resources, Inc. (CLR)
Ubs Oconnor Ltd Liability Corporation reported 0% of its portfolio in Continental Resources, Inc. (NYSE:CLR) for 2,550 shares. The firm owned 195,658 shares of the oil and natural gas company's stock after selling 3,825 shares during the period.
The Commission on Appointments (CA) on Wednesday confirmed the appointment of Guerrero, along with the the promotion of 40 other military officers.
Guerrero took charge of the AFP days after the military announced that it is winding down its offensive operations in Marawi City, Lanao del Sur, which had been the battleground between government forces and Daesh-inspired terrorists for five months.
Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana had earlier expressed support for the extension of Guerrero's term.
"The President has the prerogative to extend the term of a retiring chief of staff". We still have martial law [in Mindanao].
- Fewer tests more "pathways" State of IN changes graduation requirements
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) Cut to Hold at Vetr
- Le maire de Firminy placé en garde à vue
- David Cassidy Cuts Daughter out From His Will, but Not Son
- Ligue Europa : Marseille joue sa survie
- Ralphie May Cause Of Death Revealed
- Centre extends mobile-Aadhar linking until 6 February
- Google Pulls Down Apps Section From The Web Store On Google Chrome
- Automatic Data Processing In Com (ADP) Shareholder Assetmark INC Upped Its Stake
- Des hamburgers gratuits jeudi dans plusieurs restaurants — Big Fernand