Washington state held a public hearing Tuesday, asking for comments on a proposal to allow a third gender option on the state's birth certificates.
The hearing will be from 1 to 5 p.m. on December 5 at Point Plaza East located at 310 Israel Road in Tumwater. The public hearing will also be live streamed on the department's website.
The proposed rule includes changes to the requirements for individuals to request a change to the sex designation on their birth certificate.
OR was the first state to allow people to select a gender-neutral license, followed by California, which also allows for non-binary birth certificates.
Missing Charlotte woman, daughter found safe
Police were concerned about the disappearance because of some troubling conversations Megan had recently had with family members. The victim, a 37-year-old Asian woman, was allegedly assaulted on an inbound flight to Charlotte, police said.
"There is a biological reality here of male or female, and that is what our official records ought to indicate", said Plante. He says it is a safe place for queer youth to connect and thrive.
"I think there is a way it can be done that is smooth and respectful, and further acknowledges who people are", said Kirby.
OR was the first state that allowed people to select a gender-neutral license.
- Texas players soak Shaka Smart after his 200th victory
- Dakota Fanning is a Trekkie on mission in 'Please Stand By'
- This many students dropped out of Georgian College after the faculty strike
- Coach found with missing teen had started new job
- Rudi Garcia renouvelle toute sa confiance en Dimitri Payet — OM
- WWE 2K18 Nintendo Switch Release Date Announced
- Rye Fire in Santa Clarita burns 5000 acres, only 5 percent contained
- First Lady Melania Trump visits Whataburger while in Texas
- Achmea Investment Management BV Buys 26251 Shares of Carnival Corporation (CCL)
- VSP: Inspection stickers will no longer be located in middle of windshield