Washington state held a public hearing Tuesday, asking for comments on a proposal to allow a third gender option on the state's birth certificates.
The hearing will be from 1 to 5 p.m. on December 5 at Point Plaza East located at 310 Israel Road in Tumwater. The public hearing will also be live streamed on the department's website.
The proposed rule includes changes to the requirements for individuals to request a change to the sex designation on their birth certificate.
OR was the first state to allow people to select a gender-neutral license, followed by California, which also allows for non-binary birth certificates.
Spanking linked to dating violence
Spanking children can lead to adult relationship violence when those children grow up, a new study published Tuesday in the Journal of Pediatrics suggested.
"There is a biological reality here of male or female, and that is what our official records ought to indicate", said Plante. He says it is a safe place for queer youth to connect and thrive.
"I think there is a way it can be done that is smooth and respectful, and further acknowledges who people are", said Kirby.
OR was the first state that allowed people to select a gender-neutral license.
- Musicians charged & remanded for offensive communication against the president released on bail
- Rye Fire in Santa Clarita burns 5000 acres, only 5 percent contained
- Sell-Side Sees Upside & Positive Growth in Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE:HRL)
- Brush Fire Erupts Along 405 Freeway In Sepulveda Pass
- Mistakenly 'declared dead' child finally dies in Delhi
- WWE 2K18 Nintendo Switch Release Date Announced
- Dakota Fanning is a Trekkie on mission in 'Please Stand By'
- Rudi Garcia renouvelle toute sa confiance en Dimitri Payet — OM
- Pogba va manquer à De Bruyne — United-City
- What do Insider Trends Have to Say About Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD)?