Right-hander Tyler Chatwood agreed to a three-year, $38 million deal with the Chicago Cubs, the team announced Thursday. The three-year deal is reportedly worth roughly $40 million, according to the MLB Network.
Meanwhile, Chatwood led the league with 15 losses last season, going 8-15 with one save and a 4.69 ERA in 33 appearances with the Rockies. He struck out 120 batters in 147 2/3 innings and struggled with his control at times, walking 77 batters for a 4.7 walks-per-nine-innings rate.
Chatwood, who turns 28 next week, is 40-46 with two saves.
The 27-year-old also had a strong end to the year, posting a 3.12 ERA in seven games (five starts) during September.
Lindsay Lohan reveals her Mean Girls ambition
Tina Fey is an wonderful writer, Paramount was great to work with-we all had a blast". But Lohan admitted to E! Even Tina Fey might be on board.
A second-round Draft pick by the Angels in 2008, Chatwood was traded to the Rockies in November 2011 for catcher Chris Iannetta.
In 2016 Chatwood posted a 12-9 mark with a 3.87 ERA.
The Cubs have rotation slots filled by Jon Lester, Kyle Hendricks and Jose Quintana.
- Notre Dame sets kickoff times for home football games in 2018
- Snow and ice warning issued as temperatures plunge
- LaMelo, LiAngelo Ball sign with Lonzo's agent, per report
- House weighs gun bill as ATF reviews 'bump stock' devices
- Body bag sent 'flying' through Auckland intersection
- Purple-lovers like 'Ultra Violet' being picked as color of the year
- Square Enix Says New Tomb Raider Game is Coming
- Huawei Mate 9 and Mate 9 Pro start receiving Android Oreo update
- Video ref to be used in FA Cup ties
- Ford links with Alibaba in China expansion