She was arrested on suspicion of introducing a firearm into a transportation facility.
The Colorado state representative who spent the night in jail after police say she brought a loaded gun into Denver International Airport "knowingly" brought the weapon to a security checkpoint, according to a probable cause statement released Wednesday morning by the Denver Police Department. In addition, Saine has received permission to travel out of the state. She's due in court Wednesday afternoon. "At the conclusion of the investigation, the case will be presented to the Denver district attorney's office for consideration of possible charges".
Unlike other people who had been jailed pending their initial court hearings, Saine stood behind glass in a holding room instead of entering the courtroom.
The 43-year-old Saine was taken into custody and questioned, and she requested an attorney before she was taken to jail.
She said nothing during the hearing.
Hyundai, Subaru lead the way in 2018 IIHS crash test ratings
Leading the way this year for the most top safety pick plus awards are Hyundai and Subaru. This year, 62 vehicle models earned the institute's top safety pick award.
Corporon told reporters Wednesday that Saine simply forgot that the gun was in her bag.
Saine was elected in 2012 and represents a largely rural, agricultural area about 25 miles (40 kilometers) north of Denver that's seen intense oil and gas activity and growing residential development.
Saine has been a defender of gun rights while at the Colorado Capitol, battling against a bill banning high-capacity ammunition magazines in 2013.
Firearms are allowed on planes if they are properly stored in checked luggage and declared.
DIA is one of the nation's top airports for gun seizures at TSA security checkpoints.
- Russian Federation claims IS completely destroyed in Syria
- Crown says Laura's last footprint was in company of accused
- Ranbir Kapoor heads to Cape Town after Shashi Kapoor's funeral
- Get Rs 21000 Off On Google Pixel 2 Smartphone
- Derrick Rose ends his self-imposed Cavaliers exile
- Keillor says MPR wrong to dismiss him without investigation
- Buhari Visits Kano, Grants Amnesty to 500 Prison Inmates
- Ed Sheeran awarded an MBE by Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace
- Instagram proscrit désormais les selfies avec des animaux exotiques
- Cahill keen to avoid Barca and PSG in draw for knockout stage