Christie also said he thinks his opposition during the transition to naming retired Army Gen. Michael Flynn the national security adviser was a "significant reason" for his ouster past year, three days after Trump won the presidency in an upset over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.
His refusal to embrace Flynn was "a significant" reason for his "early departure from the transition", Christie said.
Christie in late May said he told Trump Flynn wasn't someone "who would bring benefit to the president or to the administration". Besides the Flynn guilty plea, in which he has agreed to cooperate with Mueller's office, the investigation has yielded two indictments of former campaign officials and another guilty plea, by a former foreign policy adviser. Trump fired him after just a month in the White House once news reports indicated he had discussed sanctions with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak during the transition.
The subject came up in Trenton after a reporter asked Christie how he would have run the transition.
Mort de Johnny Hallyday : JoeyStarr clash M. Pokora sur Instagram
Et JoeyStarr de son vrai nom Didier Morville ne s'arrête pas là puisqu'il a décidé de s'en prendre à une autre figure de la chanson française: Maître Gims .
Christie said he and his team did extensive work on the transition before he was replaced by Mike Pence, then the vice president-elect, but the "four volumes of books" Christie put together were apparently "thrown out the day I was terminated", he added.
"I think what folks who were involved in that transition have now painfully learned at the expense of the country is that experience matters", Christie said. "But you can not run a transition as an outsider".
Months after Christie was sacked The New York Times reported a senior Trump aide "made a show of tossing" Christie's plans "into a garbage can".
Christie, who was booted from his role as transition chairman days after the 2016 presidential election, portrayed his ouster as a grave mistake.
- Ralphie May Cause Of Death Revealed
- Un déséquilibré ramène trois sabres japonais au marché de noël — Nantes
- Des hamburgers gratuits jeudi dans plusieurs restaurants — Big Fernand
- Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU) Soars Following Earnings Beat
- Fewer tests more "pathways" State of IN changes graduation requirements
- Johanna Konta eyes 2018 WTA Tour run with coaching change
- Ghanaian starlet Eddie Nketiah signs new Arsenal contract
- Reprise des pourparlers de Genève — Syrie
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) Cut to Hold at Vetr
- Continental Resources, Inc. (CLR)