In his letter, Xi said the development of the internet has posed many new challenges for the sovereignty, security, and development interests of the world's countries.
China ranks second only to the United States in terms of internet development and innovation, but among the worst on cybersecurity and industry infrastructure, according to a survey of 38 countries by a Beijing-backed think tank.
According to a state-supported internet think tank on Monday, China is now the fifth country amongst 38 nations worldwide which has a standard for cyber governance. These comments come after a period of significant cyber regulation in China over the past twelve months.
China adopted a new cybersecurity measure this year requiring foreign firms to store data in the country and submit to surveillance checks.
Cyber regulators say the laws are in line with global rules, and that they are created to protect personal privacy and counter attacks on core infrastructure.
R. Kelly's Atlanta-area homes ransacked, emptied
Georgia police announced on Wednesday that they identified a suspect who they say stole absolutely everything out of R. Police said that they have tied the thefts to Alfonso "Doc" Walker, who supposedly had done some work for Kelly.
Luigi Gambardella, President of ChinaEU, the business-led International Association aimed at intensifying business cooperation and mutual investments in Internet, Telecom and Hitech between China and Europe, said the remarks showed Xi's commitment.
With a theme of "Developing Digital Economy for Openness and Shared Benefits - Building a Community of Common Future in Cyberspace", the conference will welcome 1,500 guests from five continents, including heads of global organizations, internet business leaders, internet celebrities, experts and scholars.
The event was organized by the Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC).
China's defense for its new policies would influence the global internet governance.
- Kepco takes lead to buy Toshiba UK nuclear unit NuGen
- WNYC yanks two more hosts over 'inappropriate conduct'
- 4 equipos más a los Octavos de Final de la Champions League
- Carrie Fisher's Dog Is An Alien In 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Pursuing Ohtani, Mariners deal for bonus money
- New International Trailer For The Shape of Water is Captivating
- ASUS introduces NovaGo, its first Snapdragon 835-powered Windows laptop
- BB&T Securities LLC Buys 1481 Shares of Texas Instruments Incorporated (TXN)
- Enterprise Prods Partners L (EPD) Holding Maintained by Cushing Asset Management Lp
- UPS warns of delivery delays after Cyber Monday boom