Centre on Thursday has told the apex court that it shall extend Aadhar linking deadline until 31 March next year.
The government has made Aadhaar linking mandatory for bank accounts, PAN cards, mobiles, pensions, scholarships, LPG connections, Public Provident Fund, NSCs and KVPs and more.
Attorney General K K Venugopal said that the last date for linking Aadhaar with mobile services will remain unchanged.
The government will issue the notification tomorrow. A bench headed by Chief Justice of India Deepak Misra had in October said that a constitution bench would be constituted and Aadhaar-related matters would come up for hearing before it.
Eralier, quoting a government official PTI reported that the government will give additional three-six months to link the biometric identifier Aadhaar with PAN in case the Supreme Court rules in its favour.
Were Analysts Bearish Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE:IRM) This Week?
The stock of Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE:IRM) has "Neutral" rating given on Wednesday, October 25 by Robert W. TRADEMARK VIOLATION NOTICE: This article was reported by Week Herald and is the sole property of of Week Herald.
Earlier, the court had earlier said that it would commence the hearing on the batch of petitions challenging the constitutional validity of Aadhaar in the last week of November. Other services that would require Aadhaar include mobile phones and banking services.
The petitioners have moved the top court seeking a stay on the government making Aadhaar linkage mandatory for bank accounts, mobile numbers, saying it infringes upon an individual's right to privacy.
The Centre had made Aadhaar mandatory to avail various welfare schemes including PDS. Next thing to do is, to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number, then verify captcha and then click on "Link Aadhaar" button.
Bank account: According to the available information, the deadline for the banks to link the account of the customer with their Aadhaar is December 31, 2017.
- Google Pulls Down Apps Section From The Web Store On Google Chrome
- World Bank to assist Nigeria in monitoring repatriated $321million Abacha loot
- Le maire de Firminy placé en garde à vue
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA) Holdings Trimmed by Sprucegrove Investment Management Ltd.
- Ghanaian starlet Eddie Nketiah signs new Arsenal contract
- Blackhawks Hit New Milestone in Latest Franchise Valuation
- Fewer tests more "pathways" State of IN changes graduation requirements
- Krispy Kreme lays off 90 as it expands into Charlotte, London
- Broncos Won't Make Changes To Staff Until Offseason
- Automatic Data Processing In Com (ADP) Shareholder Assetmark INC Upped Its Stake