Centre on Thursday has told the apex court that it shall extend Aadhar linking deadline until 31 March next year.
The government has made Aadhaar linking mandatory for bank accounts, PAN cards, mobiles, pensions, scholarships, LPG connections, Public Provident Fund, NSCs and KVPs and more.
Attorney General K K Venugopal said that the last date for linking Aadhaar with mobile services will remain unchanged.
The government will issue the notification tomorrow. A bench headed by Chief Justice of India Deepak Misra had in October said that a constitution bench would be constituted and Aadhaar-related matters would come up for hearing before it.
Eralier, quoting a government official PTI reported that the government will give additional three-six months to link the biometric identifier Aadhaar with PAN in case the Supreme Court rules in its favour.
Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU) Soars Following Earnings Beat
Winslow Asset Management Inc increased Lululemon Athletica In Com ( LULU ) stake by 103.66% reported in 2017Q2 SEC filing. The stock of Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: LULU ) earned "Outperform" rating by Credit Suisse on Friday, January 29.
Earlier, the court had earlier said that it would commence the hearing on the batch of petitions challenging the constitutional validity of Aadhaar in the last week of November. Other services that would require Aadhaar include mobile phones and banking services.
The petitioners have moved the top court seeking a stay on the government making Aadhaar linkage mandatory for bank accounts, mobile numbers, saying it infringes upon an individual's right to privacy.
The Centre had made Aadhaar mandatory to avail various welfare schemes including PDS. Next thing to do is, to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number, then verify captcha and then click on "Link Aadhaar" button.
Bank account: According to the available information, the deadline for the banks to link the account of the customer with their Aadhaar is December 31, 2017.
- Bachelorette's Peter Kraus Reveals Past Eating Disorder Battle
- Ghanaian starlet Eddie Nketiah signs new Arsenal contract
- Plane crashes in Chesterfield parking lot
- Blackhawks Hit New Milestone in Latest Franchise Valuation
- UN Political Chief Meets N. Korean Foreign Minister on 4-day Trip
- Ralphie May Cause Of Death Revealed
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Jets QB Josh McCown named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
- Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT)
- Fewer tests more "pathways" State of IN changes graduation requirements