When does the skill of the top players who have won three Stanley Cups begin to emerge, allowing the Blackhawks to shed this current, middling version of themselves and become the contenders they have been the past decade?
Tom Wilson scored twice, Alexander Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom registered goals, and the trio combined for seven assists Wednesday as the Capitals used a first-period scoring flurry to cruise to a 6-2 victory over the sliding Chicago Blackhawks. Washington closes its season-high, five-game homestand Friday against the New York Rangers.
Game highlights: Frederik Andersen stopped 47 shots through regulation and overtime, and three more in the shootout as the host Maple Leafs beat the Flames 2-1.
"Yea, they better", Backstrom joked when told of Ovechkin's remark.
Washington forward T.J. The Capitals top-line contributed seven points on the three goals.
Crawford resumed skating in Chicago on Wednesday, so he's clearly making progress in his recovery from the undisclosed ailment that will keep him sidelined for at least two more games.
Plane crashes in Chesterfield parking lot
CHESTERFIELD, Mo. (KMOV.com) - The pilot of a Beechcraft Bonanza B36 plane died when the plane crashed near Spirit of St. The pilot of a small airplane is dead after crashing onto the parking lot of a gas station near a suburban St.
The Capitals dictated the game in the second half of the period when they opened up a 3-0 lead to chase Forsberg. Kane has never scored a goal AT Washington.
Washington's captain now has eight goals in his past seven games. Two games away from tying his career-worst goal drought of 23 games, Backstrom swatted in Ovechkin's cross-crease feed 11:54 into Wednesday's game for his fourth goal of the season.
Less than three minutes after Backstrom snapped his goal drought, Wilson followed suit.
After a scoreless first period, Henrique extended his strong start for the Ducks with a goal on a sharp one-timer after Rickard Rakell put the puck in the slot.
Lance Bouma poked in a rebound of a Connor Murphy shot to make it 3-1 late in the first period, and Toews scored a breakaway goal off a turnover for the Blackhawks late in the third period to pull Chicago within 5-2. But even when he wasn't scoring, Backstrom remained poised.
- Harriette Chandler Of Worcester Elected Acting Mass. Senate President
- Fewer tests more "pathways" State of IN changes graduation requirements
- Mourinho to swap Mata for Joao Mario
- Luxury beauty giant Coty wins ECJ ruling against online sellers
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA) Holdings Trimmed by Sprucegrove Investment Management Ltd.
- Enter to Win The Disaster Artist Prize Pack
- Johanna Konta eyes 2018 WTA Tour run with coaching change
- Google pulls YouTube from Amazon devices, escalating spat
- Ralphie May Cause Of Death Revealed
- Google Pulls Down Apps Section From The Web Store On Google Chrome