The Bitcoin is scaling a new peak each passing day. The price of the cryptocurrency touched US$15,242.99, a record, according to Bloomberg pricing. That is a near 40 percent in this month, and an eleven-fold rise since the year began. It now has a market cap of $236 billion and accounts for over 60 percent of the overall cryptocurrency market.
The rush to buy bitcoin has defied warnings from some analysts about it potentially being a bubble that's ready to pop. Governments across the world still remain skeptical about investing in digital currencies.
ASX, the main exchange operator for equities and derivatives in Australia, on Thursday said it will start using blockchain to process equity transactions.
Sask. Premier Brad Wall wraps up political career Thursday
Wall announced in August that he was retiring from politics after almost 14 years as the leader of the Saskatchewan Party. After almost 20 years as an MLA, Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall will mark his last day in the legislature Thursday.
U.S. regulators last week cleared the way for Bitcoin futures to trade on major exchanges, including the world's biggest futures centre the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME).
Blythe Masters tells banks that blockchain will change everything. Blockchain is the ledger software that makes bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies possible, and Digital Asset Holdings LLC, the startup run by former JPMorgan Chase & Co banker Blythe Masters, will supply the technology.
In addition to allowing cryptocurrency to be purchased in all 25 base currencies, in an aim to eliminating foreign exchange fees, Revolut said it will introduce competitive rates with 1.5pc markup and no hidden fees. However, privacy concerns ought to be taken into account.
- Technical Views: Tracking Shares of Ishares Core CDN Short Trm Bond ETF
- Investors Sell Microsoft (MSFT) on Strength on Insider Selling
- Selena Gomez Turns Instagram Public Again Just Hours After Making It Private
- Stryker (NYSE:SYK) Receives Media Sentiment Score of 0.21
- German skier dies from injuries suffered in Lake Louise crash
- Local deomcracy is firmly in the spotlight
- European Commission plans to strengthen the eurozone raise eyebrows
- Cherbourg : un mineur tué par balles à Tourlaville
- Tonya Harding 'loved' I, Tonya, according to Allison Janney
- Tupac Fully Exposed By Ex Selling Junk Pic!!!