― Reuters picLEIPZIG, Dec 7 ― RB Leipzig's hopes of reaching the Champions League knockout stages in their debut European season were ended after they suffered a 2-1 home defeat by Besiktas amid late drama yesterday.
Three Premier League teams are in UEFA Champions League action on Wednesday with Liverpool knowing a win will see them win Group E and make it five PL teams in the last 16 of the UCL.
Alvaro Negredo scored the opening goal for Besiktas in the 10th minute from the penalty spot.
The German side, who had to achieve a better result than Porto to finish second behind Group G winners Besiktas, were beaten by a half-volleyed 90th minute strike from Brazil Under-23 global Talisca.
In the 87th minute, however, Leipzig's Naby Keita scored the equaliser to level the scoreline.
Bombay High Court upholds RERA Act
As per the Act, developers, projects and agents had time till July 31 to compulsorily register their projects with the Authority. The court also struck down a provision that provided for appointment of bureaucrats as members of an appellate tribunal .
But Talisca's goal in the 90th minute allowed Besiktas to advance to the group of 16.
Besiktas's victory took their tally at the top of the group to 14 points, with Porto taking second spot on 10 after a 5-2 win over Monaco.
It is the only Turkish team to qualify from the group stage undefeated and advanced as the group leader. The Italian club's hopes of snatching second place in Group F, however, were hit as Feyenoord fought back to equalise through Nicolai Jorgensen before claiming the dramatic victor and their first points in this year's group stage.
Besiktas striker Cem Tosun also expressed his confidence following the game. "A game against Bayern would be special though", said Tosun, according to UEFA's official website.
- 'Salvator Mundi' Is Heading to the Louvre Abu Dhabi, Tweet Says
- Nathan Carman denies role in deaths of mom, grandfather
- John Green reteaming with Fox for Turtles All the Way Down movie
- Shareholder Luminus Management LLC Has Lifted Firstenergy Corp (FE) Holding
- Mark Andrews wins the 2017 Mackey Award
- I Don't Think I'll Return to Middleweight — Georges St-Pierre
- 'Not out of the woods' with hand injury
- Homeless Man Who Helped Stranger Buys Home
- Brookfield Renewable Partners (BEP) Shares Cross Below 200 DMA
- Her Story Creator Sam Barlow's Next Interactive Series Is #WarGames