― Reuters picLEIPZIG, Dec 7 ― RB Leipzig's hopes of reaching the Champions League knockout stages in their debut European season were ended after they suffered a 2-1 home defeat by Besiktas amid late drama yesterday.
Three Premier League teams are in UEFA Champions League action on Wednesday with Liverpool knowing a win will see them win Group E and make it five PL teams in the last 16 of the UCL.
Alvaro Negredo scored the opening goal for Besiktas in the 10th minute from the penalty spot.
The German side, who had to achieve a better result than Porto to finish second behind Group G winners Besiktas, were beaten by a half-volleyed 90th minute strike from Brazil Under-23 global Talisca.
In the 87th minute, however, Leipzig's Naby Keita scored the equaliser to level the scoreline.
Deadpool Offering Fans Free Deadpool Tattoos at Brazil Comic Con
And similar to how Reynolds spoofed Bob Ross in the official Deadpool 2 teaser, today's announcement video is another textbook example of his near-perfect comic timing.
But Talisca's goal in the 90th minute allowed Besiktas to advance to the group of 16.
Besiktas's victory took their tally at the top of the group to 14 points, with Porto taking second spot on 10 after a 5-2 win over Monaco.
It is the only Turkish team to qualify from the group stage undefeated and advanced as the group leader. The Italian club's hopes of snatching second place in Group F, however, were hit as Feyenoord fought back to equalise through Nicolai Jorgensen before claiming the dramatic victor and their first points in this year's group stage.
Besiktas striker Cem Tosun also expressed his confidence following the game. "A game against Bayern would be special though", said Tosun, according to UEFA's official website.
- NextEra Energy Inc (NEE) Position Decreased by First Midwest Bank Trust Division
- John Green reteaming with Fox for Turtles All the Way Down movie
- ITV (ITV) Receives "Buy" Rating from Liberum Capital
- Homeless Man Who Helped Stranger Buys Home
- Bitcoin Mining Marketplace NiceHash Hacked: $62 Million Stolen?
- Brokers Ratings on: United States Steel Corp. (NYSE:X)
- Moore police release videos of confrontation with senator at hotel
- Blackwater Founder Denies Trump Connection to Seychelles Meeting
- Brookfield Renewable Partners (BEP) Shares Cross Below 200 DMA
- French President Emmanuel Macron Vows to 'Return African Heritage to Africa'