"Power and position should not go to the head of the occupants (of such offices)", she said presenting awards to various departments for raising Armed Forces Flag Day funds at the Raj Nivas here.
On the occasion of Armed Forces Flag Day several government ministers paid their homage to honour the sacrifice of the Indian soldiers, including PM Narendra Modi and President Ram Nath Kovind who met the officers of the Kendriya Sainik Board in Delhi to mark the event.
Queen hails behemoth warship as 'best of British'
He said: "I've been in the Royal Navy 28 years and I genuinely believe this is the best commissioning cake I've ever seen". Mr Williamson said the commissioning ceremony "marks the start of a hugely significant chapter for the Royal Navy".
Bedi, who inaugurated the celebrations by contributing to the Flag Day Fund, said families of ex-servicemen and other service personnel should be taken care of as a mark of gratitude. Accordingly, a committee under the defence minister chose to observe a Flag Day annually on December 7, where small flags would be distributed to the general population and donations would be collected. The occasion is an attempt by the armed forces to forge a link between the Indian armed forces and the civilian population. In Karnataka, Department of Sainik Welfare and Resettlement made a decision to organise an event at Raj Bhavan. The Ministry of Defence launched a special digital campaign from December 1 to December 7, to enable people to express their solidarity with the soldiers of the Indian Army.
- South Africa's rand retreats as sellers return to take profits (SHFF)
- 7 ans de prison pour un dirigeant de Volkswagen — "Dieselgate"
- General Electric to cut 1400 Swiss jobs
- Police ID Suspect Arrested For Murder Of Local Firefighter In Fells Point
- SC recommends five lawyers as Karnataka HC judges
- Ballon d'Or France Football 2017: Sadio Mané 23ene
- Illini hold off Austin Peay for 64-57 win
- Uber has licence suspended in Sheffield
- Euro 2020 to begin in Rome
- N. Korean missile risk leads airlines to change routes