Another source familiar with the situation said Casetek has been experimenting with new casings for the LCD-equipped iPhone. Casetek now supplies Apple with LCD screens for its iPads, so it could also be tapped by Apple to supply the new iPhone model with LCD panels. Pegatron is now the assembler of the iPhone 8, so both Casetek and Pegatron are hoping that Apple would ask them to integrate the services they offer for iPhone orders in 2018. Today's report says, however, that next year's 6.1-inch iPhone will "likely sport a metal back that will come in several colors". It's believed that it's harder for Apple to produce additional color options in the glass back design of the iPhone 8 and iPhone X, hence why this year's models are available in fewer color variations than last year's.
This will also reduce dependence of Apple on Samsung that is the only company to supply OLED displays in bulk to meet iPhone X demand.
Apple is also rumored to be launching two other iPhone moels next year. It is said to feature only a single camera at the back while the screen will be devoid of the Force Touch feature. A new report from Nikkei this evening offers more color on that device, saying it will feature a metal back similar to the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus... Kuo, however, stated that all three 2018 models would debut with full-screen, edge-to-edge displays and the TrueDepth camera system that's now featured on the 10th anniversary iPhone. Kuo has claimed that this model will be featuring a 6.1-inch TFT LCD screen.
Washington Real Estate Investment (WRE): Zooming in on the Technicals
The shares of the company (PSTI) staged the smart recovery as has roared back some 37.5% after stumbling to its new 52-weeks low. They use a one to five scale where they translate brokerage firm Buy/Sell/Hold recommendations into an average broker rating.
Nikkei revealed that the low cost of iPhone would be due to usage of LCD display instead of OLED which is most expensive. So it's best to take all these rumors with a grain of salt.
Apple is reportedly working on a 6.1-inch LCD iPhone that's scheduled for release in 2018.
- Detroit TV anchor accused of harassment placed on leave
- French President Emmanuel Macron Vows to 'Return African Heritage to Africa'
- Somewhat Positive News Coverage Somewhat Unlikely to Impact Baidu (BIDU) Share Price
- Shareholder Luminus Management LLC Has Lifted Firstenergy Corp (FE) Holding
- Three charged over murder of Maltese journalist
- Brookfield Renewable Partners (BEP) Shares Cross Below 200 DMA
- Besiktas becomes first Turkish team to qualify for Champions League last 16
- I Don't Think I'll Return to Middleweight — Georges St-Pierre
- Millennials Want Democrats To Control Congress
- Deadpool Offering Fans Free Deadpool Tattoos at Brazil Comic Con