Earlier this week, Oliver made headlines for confronting Dustin Hoffman about his past sexual harassment allegations at a Wag the Dog screening.
"It's really, really tough because you certainly don't want to see people who are guilty of something, who have done bad things, wrong things, you want to see those people get punished", said Baldwin. I just don't want to see people who are innocent get into trouble...[Harvey] Weinstein, for example, is in a rehab hiding behind millions of dollars' worth of lawyers.
The incident that seems to set Baldwin off was the Last Week Tonight host challenging actor Dustin Hoffman over an alleged 1985 incident in which "The Graduate" star is said to have sexually harassed a 17-year-old assistant.
United States to maintain Russian Federation sanctions until it withdraws from Ukraine, Tillerson says
The United States would "badly" like to lift sanctions against Russian Federation but will not do so until conflict in eastern Ukraine is resolved, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Thursday, calling that the main obstacle to normal ties, Reuters reported.
"For me, what is different, what is odd, this is no excuse, but like 40 years ago there was a kind of way that people had a kind of sexualized by-play, and a kind of fooling around that was wrong", Baldwin argued.
"You look back and you say it was wrong then but it seemed to be less problematic than it is now".
Baldwin also didn't comment on the allegations against James Toback, but did refer to him as his friend, who he hasn't spoken to since the countless accusations of sexual assault came to light.
- Traders Sell Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) on Strength Following Insider Selling
- "Le PSG a fait jusqu'à maintenant des trucs extraordinaires" — Zidane
- Glassdoor's best places to work
- Browns fire executive VP Sashi Brown
- Champions League: Manchester United target flops while fullback wanted by Chelsea thrives
- Ford will build its electric SUV in Mexico
- Jet Airways Q2 net plunges 91% to Rs 46 crore
- Le Parlement adopte la loi ouvrant le mariage aux couples homos — Australie
- $450M Leonardo painting heading to new Louvre museum
- Illini hold off Austin Peay for 64-57 win