Earlier this week, Oliver made headlines for confronting Dustin Hoffman about his past sexual harassment allegations at a Wag the Dog screening.
"It's really, really tough because you certainly don't want to see people who are guilty of something, who have done bad things, wrong things, you want to see those people get punished", said Baldwin. I just don't want to see people who are innocent get into trouble...[Harvey] Weinstein, for example, is in a rehab hiding behind millions of dollars' worth of lawyers.
The incident that seems to set Baldwin off was the Last Week Tonight host challenging actor Dustin Hoffman over an alleged 1985 incident in which "The Graduate" star is said to have sexually harassed a 17-year-old assistant.
7 ans de prison pour un dirigeant de Volkswagen — "Dieselgate"
Il a été arrêté en début d'année par la police fédérale (FBI) à Miami (Floride, sud-est) alors qu'il terminait des vacances. Les logiciels truqueurs étaient capables de dissimuler des émissions dépassant jusqu'à 40 fois les normes autorisées.
"For me, what is different, what is odd, this is no excuse, but like 40 years ago there was a kind of way that people had a kind of sexualized by-play, and a kind of fooling around that was wrong", Baldwin argued.
"You look back and you say it was wrong then but it seemed to be less problematic than it is now".
Baldwin also didn't comment on the allegations against James Toback, but did refer to him as his friend, who he hasn't spoken to since the countless accusations of sexual assault came to light.
- Rolling Man City leaves it late again
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gets A Versus Mode Tomorrow
- Ford will build its electric SUV in Mexico
- Traders Sell Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) on Strength Following Insider Selling
- Illini hold off Austin Peay for 64-57 win
- N. Korean missile risk leads airlines to change routes
- Some Nigerians in Libya not willing to return home
- SC recommends five lawyers as Karnataka HC judges
- "Le PSG a fait jusqu'à maintenant des trucs extraordinaires" — Zidane
- Le Parlement adopte la loi ouvrant le mariage aux couples homos — Australie