Earlier this week, Oliver made headlines for confronting Dustin Hoffman about his past sexual harassment allegations at a Wag the Dog screening.
"It's really, really tough because you certainly don't want to see people who are guilty of something, who have done bad things, wrong things, you want to see those people get punished", said Baldwin. I just don't want to see people who are innocent get into trouble...[Harvey] Weinstein, for example, is in a rehab hiding behind millions of dollars' worth of lawyers.
The incident that seems to set Baldwin off was the Last Week Tonight host challenging actor Dustin Hoffman over an alleged 1985 incident in which "The Graduate" star is said to have sexually harassed a 17-year-old assistant.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gets A Versus Mode Tomorrow
Ubisoft has announced a new multiplayer mode for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle . You can get an idea of what to expect in the video below - if you live in the UK.
"For me, what is different, what is odd, this is no excuse, but like 40 years ago there was a kind of way that people had a kind of sexualized by-play, and a kind of fooling around that was wrong", Baldwin argued.
"You look back and you say it was wrong then but it seemed to be less problematic than it is now".
Baldwin also didn't comment on the allegations against James Toback, but did refer to him as his friend, who he hasn't spoken to since the countless accusations of sexual assault came to light.
- Champions League: Manchester United target flops while fullback wanted by Chelsea thrives
- Fans want Ohio State win memorialized if Baker Mayfield wins Heisman Trophy
- Illini hold off Austin Peay for 64-57 win
- Renaissance Group LLC Has $1.69 Million Stake in Alphabet Inc (GOOG)
- Jet Airways Q2 net plunges 91% to Rs 46 crore
- "Le PSG a fait jusqu'à maintenant des trucs extraordinaires" — Zidane
- N. Korean missile risk leads airlines to change routes
- Traders Sell Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) on Strength Following Insider Selling
- More dark reflections from 'Black Mirror'
- Environmentalists say Donald Trump does not have authority to shrink Utah monument