"The impact would be additional costs, and ultimately, that means fewer jobs and quite often Alberta firms doing work in Saskatchewan are hiring Saskatchewan tradespeople".
New contracts awarded by the ministry will require suppliers to ensure that no vehicles displaying Alberta license plates are present on ministry-funded work sites.
"Saskatchewan contractors tell us that vehicles with Saskatchewan plates are not welcome on Government of Alberta job sites", said Highways and Infrastructure Minister and Minister Responsible for SaskBuilds David Marit.
Marit says there is a reason Alberta, and no other provinces, are being singled out.
There is no such rule, he said, and issued an ultimatum: Roll it back within a week, or Alberta will see you in court.
The Alberta government has set a deadline for Saskatchewan to revoke a ban on Alberta licence plates at job sites, or face a lawsuit.
"This is simply levelling the playing field", Marit said.
Wenger Confirms Latest Cazorla Surgery Setback Casts Shadow Over Footballing Future
Wenger added: "If all goes well he has to wait until he starts to run and after he starts to run it takes six weeks to come back to training.
"There could be 10, 15, 20 different vehicles on a job site on a highway job".
When asked by reporters if the measure was in violation of the New West Partnership, Marit admitted he wasn't sure, that "it could be" a violation of the agreement.
Bilous said Saskatchewan's move violates interprovincial free trade rules.
"Saskatchewan operators have been subject to this treatment in Alberta for years", Marit said.
"This is coming from a premier who had a bad business budget, their economy is in the dumps, they've increased taxes, they've increased PST, now they think they have to go after Alberta workers", Bilous said.
"Brad Wall is absolutely desperate", Bilous said.
"(Saskatchewan Premier) Brad Wall needs to smarten up, and he has one week to kill this ridiculous restriction, or we're going to be taking him to court", Alberta Economic Development Minister Deron Bilous said Wednesday.
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) Cut to Hold at Vetr
- Ligue Europa : Marseille joue sa survie
- Automatic Data Processing In Com (ADP) Shareholder Assetmark INC Upped Its Stake
- David Cassidy Cuts Daughter out From His Will, but Not Son
- Duterte extends AFP chief Guerrero's term
- Johanna Konta eyes 2018 WTA Tour run with coaching change
- Jaguar Land Rover reports sales of 52332 vehicles in November 2017
- Reprise des pourparlers de Genève — Syrie
- Former Cambodia opposition leader Rainsy sued over Facebook post
- Centre extends mobile-Aadhar linking until 6 February