"The impact would be additional costs, and ultimately, that means fewer jobs and quite often Alberta firms doing work in Saskatchewan are hiring Saskatchewan tradespeople".
New contracts awarded by the ministry will require suppliers to ensure that no vehicles displaying Alberta license plates are present on ministry-funded work sites.
"Saskatchewan contractors tell us that vehicles with Saskatchewan plates are not welcome on Government of Alberta job sites", said Highways and Infrastructure Minister and Minister Responsible for SaskBuilds David Marit.
Marit says there is a reason Alberta, and no other provinces, are being singled out.
There is no such rule, he said, and issued an ultimatum: Roll it back within a week, or Alberta will see you in court.
The Alberta government has set a deadline for Saskatchewan to revoke a ban on Alberta licence plates at job sites, or face a lawsuit.
"This is simply levelling the playing field", Marit said.
Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
C’est également le cas de l’attaquant de Liverpool Christian Benteke. C’est ce que vous découvrirez dans cet article.
"There could be 10, 15, 20 different vehicles on a job site on a highway job".
When asked by reporters if the measure was in violation of the New West Partnership, Marit admitted he wasn't sure, that "it could be" a violation of the agreement.
Bilous said Saskatchewan's move violates interprovincial free trade rules.
"Saskatchewan operators have been subject to this treatment in Alberta for years", Marit said.
"This is coming from a premier who had a bad business budget, their economy is in the dumps, they've increased taxes, they've increased PST, now they think they have to go after Alberta workers", Bilous said.
"Brad Wall is absolutely desperate", Bilous said.
"(Saskatchewan Premier) Brad Wall needs to smarten up, and he has one week to kill this ridiculous restriction, or we're going to be taking him to court", Alberta Economic Development Minister Deron Bilous said Wednesday.
- Continental Resources, Inc. (CLR)
- Former Cambodia opposition leader Rainsy sued over Facebook post
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) Cut to Hold at Vetr
- Un déséquilibré ramène trois sabres japonais au marché de noël — Nantes
- Reprise des pourparlers de Genève — Syrie
- Traders Sell Amazon.com (AMZN) on Strength
- Christie: Fired From Transition Team Because of Opposition to Flynn
- Niantic to roll out characters in batches; dynamic weather system added
- Flynn said that Russian Federation sanctions would be 'ripped up,' whistleblower says
- Des hamburgers gratuits jeudi dans plusieurs restaurants — Big Fernand