An Illinois pediatricians' group is calling on Congress to reauthorize the Children's Health Insurance Program, or CHIP.
Currently, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is restricted by a statutory formula in how it allocates redistribution funds to cover state shortfalls occurring in the absence of funded FY2018 CHIP allotments. Medicaid and CHIP combined have brought the uninsured rate among children to 5 percent, the lowest it has ever been, according to data from the Kaiser Family Foundation. She says the CHIP program helps children of the working poor. In nearly all states, children in families who earn up to 200 percent of the federal poverty level - the equivalent of $40,840 for a family of three - qualify for CHIP, according to KFF.
Premier League clubs set a new Champions League record
Champions League action will continue Wednesday evening when the teams' fates in the last four groups will be decided. Manchester United , Manchester City and Tottenham have all secured their place in the next round as group winners .
Officials said lawmakers are expected to take into account a Continuing Resolution (CR) that includes a technical adjustment to target some states' dwindling funds for the program - in light of its funding stream having expired September 30.
Officials said the revision means CMS can make states whole with federal dollars through December 31, 2017, even if a state has already received its original share of the redistribution funding under the current proration rule. While legislators on both sides of the aisle agree funding needs to be reauthorized, they have failed to agree on offsets for the program and therefore have been unable to pass a bill to renew the program.
- Australia vs England 2017/18: England announce full-strength squad for ODI series
- Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ:TMUS) Holdings Lifted by Victory Capital Management Inc
- Number of children in poverty dropping, but still severe
- H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE:HRB) Stake Decreased by Commerce Bank
- Performance Food Group Company (PFGC) Shares Bought by Cipher Capital LP
- Chance The Rapper Gifts Students With 300 Pairs of Unreleased Jordans
- CM Sindh critical of water contamination documentary shown in SC
- Labour councillor makes Carl Sargeant by-election threat
- Bret "The Hitman" Hart Files Lawsuit For Botched Wrist Surgery
- Jennifer Lawrence Says Her Movies Are Like Boyfriends