It depicts Washington Post publisher Katharine Graham, played by Streep, working through the process of eventually giving the paper's editor Ben Bradlee, played by Tom Hanks, permission to publish documents that detailed the cover-up about the United States' political and military actions in Vietnam from 1945 to 1967. Earlier the duo have worked on films like The Money Pit (1986) Joe vs the Volcano (1990), Saving Private Ryan (1998), Shooting War (2000), Band of Brothers, We Stand Alone Together (2001), Catch Me If You Can (2002), The Terminal (2004), The Pacific (2010), Bridge of Spies(2015). "And it is as vast a chasm as our nation faced before the Civil War". "Well, I know a lot because I have friends and family in other parts of this country, and so at dinner-table conversations outside of California, I'm completely mute or I get into these huge rows".
"The gray and the blue have become the blue and the red", he said. I check in on Politico, Axios and Drudge, and I go to Fox often to see the manipulation.
"I was really curious about the subject matter", Spielberg said, recalling his thoughts after he first read the script written by screenwriter Liz Hannah.
"Obviously, there is media you would take for granted I trust, and you would be right".
The Hollywood Reporter asked Mr. Spielberg and Ms. Streep whether they trust the media today. "No", Ms. Streep responded.
Former ACA Reporter Ben McCormack Avoids Jail Term Over Child Porn
McCormack's lawyers have argued that his actions were all fantasy and played out when he was often drunk and depressed. B&T has contacted Nine following this morning's verdict, however, it declined to make any comment.
"You trust but verify", the Academy Award-winning actress explained.
Spielberg tells The Hollywood Reporter, "I'm not going to go on record saying which media I trust".
Mr. Spielberg said he trusts the reporting of CNN's Don Lemon and Christiane Amanpour, as well as MSNBC's Rachel Maddow.
In my political reading, I read The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Guardian.
- Manchester United 'unsure whether to appeal Paulo Pogba red card'
- Canada to buy surplus Australian F-18s, says report
- Tax Changes Could 'Devastate' Graduate Students and American Competitiveness
- John McCain Lost Thousands of Twitter Followers This Week Over Tax Reform
- Labor Senator Katy Gallagher faces High Court referral over dual citizenship
- Disney Closes in on Fox Deal
- Polls close! Atlanta chooses 60th mayor in history
- Labour Attacks May's EU Negotiations as 'Embarrassment' to UK
- Australia's Economy Grew at Slower-Than-Expected Pace in 3Q
- Montpellier : l'ancienne élue Stéphanie Jannin condamnée à 5 000 euros d'amende