A debate on government affairs in Pennsylvania went off in a weird direction when a Republican state representative launched into a freakish anti-gay attack on a colleague after being touched on the arm.
"Rep. Bradford, look, I'm a heterosexual". "Look, I'm a heterosexual". I have a wife. I have a wife, I love my wife, I don't like men as you might but stop touching me all the time. Don't - stop touching me all the time! Bradford suggested action on it be postponed to get more information.
"Initially I was shocked".
"I hear you", he said.
"Appalled because clearly there were some issues in terms of homophobia and just the whole thing was pretty nasty. Keep your hands to yourself", Metcalfe said to raucous laughter from his colleagues. "Like if you want to touch somebody, you have people on your side of the aisle who might like it".
2 students wounded in shooting at Graham-Kapowsin High School
Multiple officers responded from multiple agencies, Troyer said, and no one other than the two students were hurt. Deputies were actively sweeping the school grounds, but said there was no indication the suspects were on campus.
"Chairman, chairman, we are officially off the rails", Bradford declared.
Metcalfe is a hyper-conservative, and in 2012 bragged in an interview, "I was a Tea Partier before it was cool". In 2013, he invoked a legislative rule to keep openly gay Democratic Rep. Brian Sims from talking about the Supreme Court's gay marriage ruling ― because Sims' words would have been "an open rebellion against Almighty God and God's word".
Ryan W Briggs, a political reporter for @cityandstatepa, in a tweet of the video noted: "Metcalfe also once invited a white nationalist to testify in favor of a bill to make English PA's "official language".
Metcalfe: "Then beg, don't touch". "Not that [my sexuality] matters, but [Sims] and I were laughing about it".
Bradford says he did not talk to Metcalfe after the committee meeting. Metcalfe could not immediately be reached for comment.
- Labour Attacks May's EU Negotiations as 'Embarrassment' to UK
- Minnesota officials forecast $188 million budget deficit
- Lubaina Himid awarded Britain's Turner Prize, oldest artist ever to win
- 20-year-old died a day after she was diagnosed with flu
- Jerusalem Is 'Red Line' for Muslims: Turkey's Erdogan
- Canada to buy surplus Australian F-18s, says report
- Labor Senator Katy Gallagher faces High Court referral over dual citizenship
- Fossil Discovered At Denver Construction Site Revealed To Be From A Torosaurus
- Need To Get Help But Can't Call 911? Now You Can Text
- Tennessee reportedly still hasn't contacted Tee Martin about HC job