Burmese pythons can be as long as 26 feet and weigh more than 200 pounds.
A veteran python hunter from Florida has snagged a record 17-foot snake. "That snake could pretty much kill any full-grown man".
According to the South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) Governing Board, the Python Elimination Program compensates hunters like Leon and Crum for killing the "destructive" animals, which are now classified as an apex predator in the state. Leon also holds the overall state record with an 18-foot-8-inch python he caught in 2013.
He said in an SFWMD video that he grabbed the female snake while she was still submerged in water.
"We're going to find a 20-footer tonight", he joked after bringing the snake to the district's field office in Homestead.
Corey Feldman Named Hollywood's Pedophiles on a Tape Locked in LAPD's Vaults
Before the Weinstein scandal, actor Corey Feldman was the leading advocate against the sexual harassment epidemic in Hollywood. This could potentially be huge news for Corey Feldman and just what he needs to get the Truth Campaign back on track.
Leon holds the record for the largest snake captured in Florida.
Leon is a python hunter who recently killed a 17-foot, 1-inch Burmese python, coming in at about 132 pounds, at the Big Cypress National Preserve in Florida.
Leon says the Burmese python is causing serious problems for the Everglades. The snake was found in the company of a small male snake.
Hunters taking part in the Python Elimination Program earn minimum wage plus a bounty for every python they capture.
For this snake, the hunters will receive a total of $375.
- Understanding the Financial Health of The Kraft Heinz Company (NASDAQ:KHC)
- Bruins' Wednesday matchup cancelled due to LA wildfires
- Ed Sheeran Spotify's Most Streamed Artist Of This Year
- The Biggest Starbucks in the World is Now in Shanghai
- FSU Introduces New Football Coach Willie Taggart
- EnLink Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE:ENLK) Pressured Under Trend Lines
- DOJ Indicts Illegal Immigrant Acquitted of Murder in Kate Steinle Case
- Protesters hold sit-in to demand Dream Act make it in spending bill
- Oreo reveals "mystery" flavor
- Chelsea transfer target Alex Sandro 'wants to quit' Juventus