After a pair of mistakes from Arsenal defenders Laurent Koscielny and Shkodran Mustafi saw the visitors take a 2-0 lead with just 11 minutes on the clock, the Gunners worked their way back into the clash, putting United firmly on the back foot. It was Alexandre Lacazette's goal that brought more uncertainty into the match, but Lingard's goal sealed an important away win for the Reds.
'I think that was the most important save but, like I said, the full team defended very well and fought for the three points'. His 14 saves are the new Premier League record for a single match.
The picture shows that despite replays showing that the referee made the correct decision, the linesman on the near side was as shocked as anybody to see the red card produced.
De Gea produced a league-record high 14 saves against Arsenal
Lindelöf put in a very good shift as part of a defensive unit, even though there are still understandably improvements to be made before he is totally adapted to the English game. What would be fair in football is that in these kinds of games, you have to be efficient and we had the chances to score, we didn't take them and their keeper as well had an outstanding game.
The 29-year-old's performances of late have been encouraging and his post suggests he remains committed to the Gunners cause at least till the time he is contractually obligated to them.
"In big matches you need goalkeepers to be there for you, but all the effort from the players was magnificent". Arsene Wenger continues his struggles against Mourinho and Arsenal continue failing in keeping their performances consistent. "I believe at the back, we didn't start well at all and we put ourselves in a very hard position", Wenger said following Arsenal's 3-1 defeat to the Red Devils.
Labour Attacks May's EU Negotiations as 'Embarrassment' to UK
He had savaged Theresa May's performance in Brussels when she failed to secure agreement over the UK's Brexit divorce agreement. He said that the price of the government's Brexit agreement could be opening up "bitter divides in Ireland".
- Labor Senator Katy Gallagher faces High Court referral over dual citizenship
- Minnesota officials forecast $188 million budget deficit
- 2 students wounded in shooting at Graham-Kapowsin High School
- Spotify releases '2017 Wrapped' which breaks down your year in music
- Jerusalem Is 'Red Line' for Muslims: Turkey's Erdogan
- Lubaina Himid awarded Britain's Turner Prize, oldest artist ever to win
- The Charles Schwab Corporation (SCHW)
- Ex-officers in Damian Green porn claims 'could face charges'
- Tax Changes Could 'Devastate' Graduate Students and American Competitiveness
- Podcast: The Big Board debuts with NC State star Bradley Chubb