They discovered that eating a small amount of cheese each day lessens a person's chances of developing a coronary heart disease by 14 percent, or reduces their chances of having a stroke by 10 percent.
The words "cheese" and "healthy" are an odd combination of words to find in a sentence, and yet a new review of research suggests that eating cheese every day may actually be healthy.
Experts, however, warn that this is not linear - in short, the study does not mean that people should start consuming blocks of cheese to prevent heart disease.
The study also failed to look at various kinds of cheeses, which might have yielded different results as there are certain kinds that include more benefits or risks than the typical cheese.
While low-fat dairy products are considered more favorable than high-fat dairy products by federal nutrition guidelines, the meta-analysis found limited evidence that high-fat dairy could increase the risk of CVD, CHD, or stroke compared to low-fat dairy.
A 40 gram square, about the size of matchbox, was the sweet spot for health benefits.
Ambassade américaine à Jérusalem: le roi du Maroc "profondément préoccupé"
Le Souverain marocain a, également, exprimé, sa réprobation vigoureuse de toute action de nature à compromettre le caractère multi-confessionnel de la Ville Sainte, ou altérer son statut juridique et politique.
The link between cheese and lowered heart disease risks might be because people who eat cheese every day are already healthier, or have enough income to afford the habit, the researchers point out.
But it's also possible that cheese has beneficial qualities that offset the negative impact of its high saturated fat content, says Stewart.
Stewart was not involved in the study.
While cheese has gotten a bad rap, it has important nutrients including protein, calcium and probiotics, said the study.
So go ahead, unblock all those mouth-watering cheese porn accounts, and erase the guilt of that daily BEC. Now, cheese-lovers can sleep well knowing that their midnight snack or post-night-out cheese fry indulgence is actually good for them.
- Moscou déclare 9 médias américains " agents de l'étranger "
- LG V30+ India Launch Set for December 13
- SC fires its offensive coordinator ahead of Outback Bowl
- Millions use overdraft every month
- Stockman Wealth Management Inc. Lowers Holdings in Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS)
- Diezani to forfeit another $4.76m houses to the federal government
- Assembly election: BJP top guns hit campaign trail in Gujarat poll battle
- PM Modi Twitter Followers Count Jumps By 51%, Fake or Real?
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson To Receive Hollywood Star This Month
- UnitedHealth to acquire DaVita's primary care unit for $4.9 bn