Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday stayed trial court proceedings in the alleged lynching of Junaid Khan, the 17-year-old who was stabbed to death on a train in June.
On Tuesday morning, senior advocate R S Cheema, who has been representing the family in the High Court, requested the division bench to order a stay on the trial proceedings during pendency of the appeal. The police, it said, had not properly recorded the statement of the accused.
The High Court's single Bench had on November 27 dismissed the petition filed by Mr. Jalaluddin seeking a CBI inquiry into the lynching.
Tennessee reportedly still hasn't contacted Tee Martin about HC job
The report also lists Auburn DC Kevin Steele as a candidate and says that SMU head coach Chad Morris has met with Fulmer. Mark Schlabach with ESPN also reported that Tucker will meet with Fulmer Tuesday for a second interview in NY .
The prosecution said charges under Section 153 A of the Indian Penal Code, which deals with promoting enmity along religious lines, be included.
The fresh plea by Junaid's father Jalaluddin said it is "disturbing" that the "worst humiliation on the ground of religion by way of hate abuse" in the case did not "enter the judicial adjudication" in the judgment passed by the single-judge bench and despite vehement submissions, the bench "refused to look at the total picture". Besides, there is nothing to show that the incident has any national or worldwide ramifications.
- 2 students wounded in shooting at Graham-Kapowsin High School
- Spainish coach Lopetegui shows respect for rivals following World Cup draw
- FM holds pre-Budget meet with agri experts
- Spotify releases '2017 Wrapped' which breaks down your year in music
- Jerusalem Is 'Red Line' for Muslims: Turkey's Erdogan
- Polls close! Atlanta chooses 60th mayor in history
- Chad Morris To Be Named Next Arkansas Head Coach
- Ex-officers in Damian Green porn claims 'could face charges'
- John McCain Lost Thousands of Twitter Followers This Week Over Tax Reform
- Disney Closes in on Fox Deal