Speaking ahead of Chelsea's heavyweight clash against Atletico Madrid in UEFA Champions League, Fabregas revealed he was anxious last season but made a decision to put his head down and win his place back in the squad.
Yet Fabregas was initially out of favour last season in Conte's first campaign. "Maybe anxious is not the right word but you can imagine", he said ahead of his side's Champions League clash against Atletico Madrid.
Speaking at a news conference on Monday at Cobham, Fabregas said: "It will be fantastic if I can get it [the Champions League trophy] but it is a hard competition and I have been playing it for a long time". The first part of the season I chose to play nearly every game with (N'Golo) Kante and (Nemanja) Matic but in the second part of the season I think Cesc played a lot of the games.
"My relationship with the manager (now) is fantastic. Or, what I did, put your head down, be humble, work hard, train hard every day, show him that he's wrong and that he can trust me and play in this team". I'm very young. I really mean it. "Also, I am very happy, I am where I want to be and that's all down to belief and trust, and hard work".
ADRIAN DENNIS GettyImages
Fabregas is now in his fourth season at Chelsea, after he signed a five-year contract with the club back in 2014.
To take that loathing off the pitch takes things to a different level, though, and although they'll never be any definitive proof, Jack Wilshere didn't mince his words on Twitter in 2012.
"But in the second part of the season Cesc played a lot of games, and he was very important for us to win the title".
The 30-year-old will be aiming to try and help Chelsea win the prestigious trophy this season as they look to make it a successful campaign under Antonio Conte. "For this reason he is very strong".
State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe: Can't touch this
Metcalfe: " Then beg, don't touch ". "Not that [my sexuality] matters, but [Sims] and I were laughing about it". I have a wife, I love my wife, I don't like men as you might but stop touching me all the time.
- Atkins: President Trump isn't above law of the land
- Australia's Economy Grew at Slower-Than-Expected Pace in 3Q
- Spotify releases '2017 Wrapped' which breaks down your year in music
- Fossil Discovered At Denver Construction Site Revealed To Be From A Torosaurus
- Tax Changes Could 'Devastate' Graduate Students and American Competitiveness
- Jerusalem Is 'Red Line' for Muslims: Turkey's Erdogan
- Tennessee reportedly still hasn't contacted Tee Martin about HC job
- 20-year-old died a day after she was diagnosed with flu
- Disney Closes in on Fox Deal
- Podcast: The Big Board debuts with NC State star Bradley Chubb