Morris, who turned 49 Monday, became a top target for Arkansas after Auburn's Gus Malzahn spurned an offer from the Razorbacks to return to his old stomping grounds Sunday.
Morris took over one of the worst programs in the FBS and transformed the Mustangs into a 7-win bowl team and conference title contender in just three years.
"Trey Biddy of HawgSports.com was the first to report the pending hire".
Sources tell CBS Sports that influential people in the college football world and within the SEC who consulted with Arkansas - a program that didn't have an athletic director until Hunter Yurachek was hired on Monday - nearly universally recommended Morris for the job due to his integrity, Texas ties and ability to consistently produce top-tier offenses. In 2017, the Mustangs have had an impressive season with a 7-5 record and will play in the upcoming Frisco Bowl against Louisiana Tech.
Tax Changes Could 'Devastate' Graduate Students and American Competitiveness
The House of Representatives has crafted and passed a new tax plan that they are attempting transform into law. The protest was part of a series of demonstrations that have taken place nationwide related to the tax bill.
Prior to taking over the SMU program, Morris was Clemson's offensive coordinator from 2011-14. The former Wisconsin head coach was signed through the 2020 season and will be paid an $11.8 million buyout. He was instrumental in the recruitment of former star Tigers quarterback Deshaun Watson.
He would drastically help with Arkansas' recruiting in the state of Texas as 43/46 of his SMU signees were from Texas the last two years.
Even bigger news for the Razorbacks could be who he brings with him.
- Trump heading to MS for civil rights museum opening
- Senate confirms new DHS chief
- Atkins: President Trump isn't above law of the land
- Honda Gold Wing launched at Rs. 26.85 lakh
- Mani Shankar Aiyar slips, refers to Mughal rule for Rahul Gandhi's nomination
- Texans' Bruce Ellington (hamstring) expected to miss Week 14
- Top Democrats in Congress accept Trump offer to meet on year-end priorities
- Minnesota officials forecast $188 million budget deficit
- Montpellier : l'ancienne élue Stéphanie Jannin condamnée à 5 000 euros d'amende
- Fossil Discovered At Denver Construction Site Revealed To Be From A Torosaurus