As per her complaint to the Ola Cabs safety team, the driver, Rajashekar Reddy, misbehaved with her on Outer Ring Road and held her "hostage" for quite sometime by locking the auto doors, during the ride from Indiranagar on Sunday night.
Ola said in a statement on Wednesday that it had zero tolerance to such incidents and the driver had been suspended on receiving the complaint.
The company urged the the woman to file a formal complaint, adding that it would give "full support" to the investigation against the driver. He also made several calls to the women the next day, threatening her with dire consequences if she complained to the cab aggregator.
According to the fashion stylist she had booked an Ola cab from Indra Nagar to BTM layout on Sunday evening. Even after the woman alighted from the auto, he started following her making indecent gestures. The cab driver who is identified as Rajashekhar Reddy stopped the vehicle when he found a lonely spot on the Intermediate Ring Road on the way to Koramangala.
Syrian govt still unsure on return to Geneva talks
Russian Federation helped to turn the Syrian war in Assad's favor and has become the key force in the push for a diplomatic solution.
"I immediately started banging the car's windows with my fist in an attempt to make noise".
The driver then tried to touch the woman inappropriately on her legs by reaching over to the back seat. The woman ran for 500 meters till she reached the Ejipura traffic signal.
"I reported the incident to Ola on Sunday night itself but even on Monday, when the police asked, they had not taken any action".
However, the cab driver allegedly continued to approach her in an indecent manner despite her warnings. Even now they haven't told me what action has been taken. "What is the company doing to ensure women who use the service are safe?" she was quoted saying in an NDTV report. Ola said, "We regret the unfortunate experience the customer had during her ride".
- NBA Predictions: Are Knicks going to stumble on road at Pacers 12/4/17
- IPL franchises to have heavier salary purses in 2018
- I'm A Celeb's Rebekah Vardy 'Considering Making A Formal Complaint'
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus launch tomorrow, price leaks
- Barclays Begins Coverage on First Horizon National (FHN)
- Amazon Prime Video now available for Apple TV
- Alain Juppé votera pour Maël de Calan — Présidence LR
- Are Apple Inc. (AAPL) EPS Estimates Revised?
- Kinder Morgan pushes back planned spending on Trans Mountain expansion project
- BMW Facebook ad banned over 'zero emissions' claim