At that time, Microsoft announced that they will support Windows Azure and Windows Server on AMD EPYC processors. These 32-core Zen-powered behemoths came out of the gate with wide support from tech companies and we even saw Dropbox sign a deal to start using EPYC to power its cloud storage platform.
Now, Microsoft has announced that it has deployed Epyc in its data centers, and is offering the chips as part of the latest L-Series virtual machines, codenamed 'Lv2.' The x86 CPUs have already been incorporated into Project Olympus, Microsoft's open source blueprint for hyperscale server hardware, originally announced at DCD Zettastructure 2016. AMD had been absent from that segment for a number of years.
The Lv2-Series is created to support demanding workloads like MongoDB, Cassandra, and Cloudera that are storage intensive and demand high levels of I/O.
Tennessee reportedly still hasn't contacted Tee Martin about HC job
The report also lists Auburn DC Kevin Steele as a candidate and says that SMU head coach Chad Morris has met with Fulmer. Mark Schlabach with ESPN also reported that Tucker will meet with Fulmer Tuesday for a second interview in NY .
The instances make use of Microsoft's Project Olympus meant to deliver a next generation open source cloud hardware design developed with the Open Compute Community (OCP).
Throw in the facts that AMD would not comment when asked how many EPYCs Microsoft has acquired and that the new instance type is in preview only, and it looks like AMD has a foot in the door rather than an invitation to dinner. These sizes will support Azure premium storage disks by default and will also support accelerated networking capabilities for the highest throughput of any cloud.
"We think Project Olympus will be the basis for future innovation between Microsoft and AMD, and we look forward to adding more instance types in the future benefiting from the core density, memory bandwidth and I/O capabilities of AMD Epyc processors".
- Canada to buy surplus Australian F-18s, says report
- Spotify releases '2017 Wrapped' which breaks down your year in music
- Fossil Discovered At Denver Construction Site Revealed To Be From A Torosaurus
- Spainish coach Lopetegui shows respect for rivals following World Cup draw
- Polls close! Atlanta chooses 60th mayor in history
- Trump May Sometimes Bypass Chief of Staff to Give Aides Orders
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte: 'Cesc Fabregas changed my mind about him'
- Coman successeur de Ribéry ? La réponse de Boateng — Bayern Munich
- Disney Closes in on Fox Deal
- Pope appoints next bishop of the Diocese of Richmond