Asked during UBS' Global Media and Communications Conference to handicap the prospects of the competing streaming service, set to launch in 2019, Sarandos said it's unclear how Disney will position the entertainment offering.
As the company grows its production of original content, executives are confident it will show viewers the heighten "value" in its service as opposed to airing only outside entertainment.
"They've created some killer brands", Sarandos said of Disney, but he continued by pointing out that the studio didn't control everything that had the Marvel label on it. "This is a generational thing". During his speech, Sarandos revealed to investors that Netflix apparently maintains the rights to keep the Marvel series already on the service, and potentially continue to produce more with those characters in the future. Sarandos also said Netflix is planning on producing 60 global series and 30-local language series. The show has been renewed for its third and fourth seasons, and the sophomore season will be available for streaming on December 8. Production on the series' final season had been suspended for the last several weeks following sexual assault allegations against its star, Kevin Spacey.
"We were really excited we could get to an agreement... for the conclusion of the show", he added.
Trump Reportedly Looking to Start Private Spy Agency Loyal to His Agenda
Not so, a National Security Council spokesman told The Intercept . "The White House does not and would not support such a proposal".
According to Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos, the response to the aforementioned Puss in Book and another choose-your-own-adventure show, Buddy Thunderstruck: The Maybe Pile, was enough to convince them to experiment with a similar concept for grown-ups.
"We've been careful to not become a one-brand network".
"A lot of the conventional wisdom that goes into TV programming turns out to be wrong", Sarandos said.
- TSX falls with energy stocks; uranium producers bounce
- Here's Everyone Who Is Featured On Eminem's Upcoming 'Revival' Album
- De nouvelles images pour Altered Carbon, d'après Richard Morgan
- Children Who Were Spanked More Likely to Be Violent Partners
- DirecTV Now Reaches 1 Million Subscribers
- Sauvegardez vos stories et ajoutez vos stories préférées sur votre profil — Instagram
- Chester Bennington's Autopsy Report Released
- Jessica Chastain & Idris Elba star in new Molly's Game featurette
- Iowa, 12 other states ask Supreme Court to overturn California egg law
- Windies skipper Holder barred from 2nd N.Zealand Test