Lamborghini unveiled its first sport-utility vehicle (SUV) on Monday, as the Volkswagen-owned (VOWG_p.DE) luxury sportscar brand strives to grab a share of a fast-growing market.
Aston Martin, Rolls Royce and Ferrari are all either in the process of or considering joining the high-rev party, despite the reservations of purist fans of those famous brands.
It accelerates from 0-100 km an hour in 3.6 seconds, 0-200 km an hour in 12.8 seconds and reaches a top speed of 305 km/h. The Urus packs a 4-litre V8 twin-turbo engine which delivers a massive 650 hp and 850 Nm of torque.
In comparison, Lamborghini's Huracan Performante, which comes with a V10 engine, goes from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 2.9 seconds and has a top speed of nearly 202 miles per hour.
Urus is world's fastest SUV
"It is a true Lamborghini in terms of design, performance, driving dynamics and emotion as well as drivable every day in a range of environments", Chief Executive Stefano Domenicali said in a statement. "The Urus fits perfectly within the Lamborghini family as a high-performance auto". Lamborghini claims it is the world's fastest SUV.
The new Lamborghini Urus will go on sale in 2018 and prices will start at $200,000 in the U.S. and £131,500 in the UK. The Urus actually draws some inspiration from the LM002, including hexagonal wheel arches.
Global crossover and SUV sales have grown to 26.47 million units in 2016 from 7.93 million just a decade earlier, data from IHS Markit showed.
SUV sales in the upper luxury end of the market, which includes the likes of Mercedes G-Class and Bentley Bentayga, have grown almost five-fold in the six years to 2016, IHS added. The forecaster expects that to grow to 34.34 million units by 2020. The Urus might be an SUV, but there are only four individual seats, and it appears that all passengers will ride in the lap of luxury.
Their child was bullied to death, now they are the targets
He said he found that she was carrying a journal around with her that had names in it of all of the people who used to bully her. Charlene Avila and her husband, along with the rest of the family, are saying goodbye to their daughter, Rosalie.
- MC Solaar et Loïc Nottet présents à Viva for Life !
- Et que devient The Division, depuis le temps ?
- Fusillade près de l'aéroport de Bastia: un mort et un blessé grave
- God of War Release Date Set by PlayStation Store
- Rumor On Tonight's Raw Tag Team Title Match
- House Of Cards To Return Without Kevin Spacey
- Odisha received 2.3 pc more tax this year due to GST
- Les Enfants de la télé : Dave fait une blague osée à Louane
- Nintendo Games Coming To The Nvidia Shield (In China)
- Investigation under way as four members of family killed in Wexford crash